Author Topic: Avast blocks internet after installing Win 7 SP1  (Read 15671 times)

ozy

Re: Avast blocks internet after installing Win 7 SP1
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 08:29:09 PM »
Quote from scythe944 February 27, 2011, 10:59:25 PM...

Either way, you should remove or not use THAT software, but windows updates should not be ignored.

I hear people complain all the time that this update broke this, or that update broke that, but the simple fact is that the update patched something that was broken, and the software that is now broken because of said update, was flawed to begin with.

If you want to have a secure and stable computer, it's in your best interest to keep up with patches.  'Nuff said.

(Win7 64bit here...Comodo FW)

Avast is definitely incompatible with SP1 (win7), when Web Shield is running Browsers Stop working (loading web sites)...

If I disable the Avast Web Shield the browsers work again...

Had no problem at all with Comodo after updating to windows 7 sp1...

SO....your comments "Either way, you should remove or not use THAT software" and "the software that is now broken because of said update, was flawed to begin with" ....

Are Really meant for Avast aren't they ??
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:39:21 PM by ozy »

doktornotor

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 08:33:08 PM »
Avast is definitely uncompilable with SP1 (win7) when web shield is running...

I assume you mean incompatible. Well, it's running perfectly fine for me and lots of other people.  :P

YoKenny

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 08:38:31 PM »
Avast is definitely uncompilable with SP1 (win7) when web shield is running...

I assume you mean incompatible. Well, it's running perfectly fine for me and lots of other people.  :P
It's running perfectly fine for me too 8)

ozy

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 08:43:35 PM »
doktornotor...Thanks for spelling correction...

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 03:11:00 AM »
doktornotor...Thanks for spelling correction...

And we thank you for removing your
Are Really meant for Avast aren't they ??
statement, as it has been said that Avast works just find with Win 7 SP1.  It's YOUR computer that has the issue.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Dogtag

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 03:39:55 PM »
Hmm. I dunno. Everything was working fine for me with Avast! 5.x + PCTools Firewall + Win7 (no SP). After installing SP1, I had the HTTP connection issue (other Internet protocols worked okay but HTTP did not). After I uninstalled my PCTools Firewall the connections seemed to work but I found that it was not necessarily uninstalling the firewall that did it. While looking for a solution I had disabled and re-enabled the Avast! shields as well.

I updated to Avast! Free 6.0.1 but I'm still having the problem with Avast! every time I boot. I have to disable and then re-enable the real-time shields. It's certainly possible there is something else interfering but I suspect that Avast! is connected somehow since disabling/re-enabling the shields removes the problem.

Anyone else have similar issues?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 03:49:15 PM by Dogtag »

doktornotor

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 04:37:47 PM »
PCT FW has (had?) known issues with W7 SP1 - as quite a few others did. Download the latest version in case they actually released something, otherwise latest beta from their forums.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 04:44:03 PM »
I can remember something about an updated driver has been placed in pctools help forum to fix the issue with SP1, have a search around there  ;)

Dogtag

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 07:58:12 PM »
It's cool if they actually did update PCTools FW but my problem is currently with Avast. I removed PCTools FW the day after I updated to SP1, after reading about it here. The current issue is that my HTTP is blocked until I disable/enable the Avast! shields.  :(