Author Topic: When i Updated avast 6 it didn't ask if i wanted to install webrep  (Read 5502 times)

Littlebear

And it doesn't show up when i open avast, there is no option for me to install it.
Did something go wrong?

I have windows vista

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: When i Updated avast 6 it didn't ask if i wanted to install webrep
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 08:06:57 PM »
Did you do a custom install of avast ?
If not then you get the whole package.

What do you mean by "And it doesn't show up when i open avast" show up where ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

doktornotor

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 08:08:19 PM »
Rebooted yet?  ;)

Littlebear

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »
YEs i rebooted.

You know i upgraded it, and when i rebooted it didn't ask me if i wanted to install webrep.

And when u open avast, on the left bar there's sandbox and the other one, it doesnt show webrep, so i cant install it.

And thanks for the reply.

doktornotor

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 08:22:05 PM »
And when u open avast, on the left bar there's sandbox and the other one, it doesnt show webrep, so i cant install it.

Don't really understand what you are saying here.

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 08:24:11 PM »
YEs i rebooted.

You know i upgraded it, and when i rebooted it didn't ask me if i wanted to install webrep.

And thanks for the reply.
Try:
Control Panel > Add or remove programs > Avast! > Change Components > And check the box Web reputation module and then reboot. After that open IE or FF and check if that works.
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Littlebear

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 08:35:00 PM »
Ok so i uninstalled it.

I'm going to download it and install it again and see if it works...

Did i make a wrong choice ?  :-X

norel

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 09:14:15 PM »
I'd do what danny96 suggested. You can install and uninstall all the different shields there including the WebRep plugin. When I installed Avast 6 on Vista it didn't ask me if I wanted to install the plugin either but I was still able to from the Control Panel. WebRep will show up in your web browser, not the Avast user interface.

Littlebear

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 09:20:23 PM »
I'd do what danny96 suggested. You can install and uninstall all the different shields there including the WebRep plugin. When I installed Avast 6 on Vista it didn't ask me if I wanted to install the plugin either but I was still able to from the Control Panel. WebRep will show up in your web browser, not the Avast user interface.

I wanted to do what he suggested, but i had already uninstalled it.. So it didn't ask in yours too?

Thank you all for the answers.
Ppl here are really nice.

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 09:22:27 PM »

I wanted to do what he suggested, but i had already uninstalled it.. So it didn't ask in yours too?

And you install it? did it works?
(If not then choose custom install and check if the WebRep option is checked on)
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Littlebear

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 10:08:32 PM »

(If not then choose custom install and check if the WebRep option is checked on)

Didn't install it yet, but even if i install webrep i can disable it, right?

norel

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 06:55:52 AM »
Hi Littlebear. I was mistaken, if  Webrep is installed, it will be in the Avast interface under Additional Protection. Sorry about that. From there you can install it to any of your web browsers. Once you install it to the browser you can enable or disable it from there like any other extension or add-on, or you can uninstall it. You can also uninstall it from the Avast interface. Uninstalling won't completely remove WebRep from Avast, only the browser, but you can completely remove it if you want to from your computer's Control Panel.

If you try again and WebRep doesn't install, I'd just install it from the Control Panel. If you do, you'll need to be connected to the internet and will have to restart when it's done.

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 09:36:04 AM »

Didn't install it yet, but even if i install webrep i can disable it, right?
Yes you can disable It whenever you want and you can also enable It again.

weezecat

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 05:32:02 PM »
I too am having a problem with WebRep.  I was asked and agreed to install WebRep which shows in the Additional Protection tab on the Avast UI, but tells me that it is not installed for either FF or IE, and also there is no install or uninstall button for either browser shown.  Re-booted several times since installing and there is still no plug-in for FF or IE.  I have attached an image of the WebRep tab on the Additional Protection page with absent install button.

It installed properly on my laptop with no problem with a clean install after uninstalling Avast!5.  WebRep refuses to install on my desktop machine which was updated from Avast!5 from the user interface.  Both machines are running Windows XP Home SP3.

norel

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 08:45:19 PM »
Hi weezecat. I'd try repairing. Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs (or Programs and Features depending on operating system)/Avast. Left click the Avast entry and when the dialog box open, scroll to the last entry, "Repair." Select it and follow the steps and restart. If that doesn't fix it, do the same process only this time select "Change" in the dialog box. Follow the steps and when the list of Avast components opens up, click the box next to "WebRep plugin" so it's an X rather than a check mark. Then complete the steps and restart. This will remove WebRep. Then go back and do the same thing again only this time change the X to a check mark and reinstall WebRep. If that doesn't fix it, you may need to completely reinstall Avast 6.