Author Topic: Cant Remove Tojans w/o Removing Ability to Connect  (Read 2925 times)

thaumielx72

Cant Remove Tojans w/o Removing Ability to Connect
« on: September 12, 2004, 09:15:59 PM »
Hello All.

I ran a memory scan as I do every weekend and Avast told me the Operating system had viruses/trojans in memory so I of course ran a boot time scan.  It flagged 3 files in a folder called C"/program files/winad client.   I moved them to the chest.  When the machine finished loading it no longer had an option in the start menu called Connect To...  and any connectivity test I ran failed due to lack of ethernet modem (!).  Well ... I went to the chest and restored the 3 files and rebooted and now can log on just fine.  Of Course I'm sure the same 3 virus/trojan files are now back in memory and they cannot be repaired as they are in use by Windows.  Any suggestions?

whocares

Re:Cant Remove Tojans w/o Removing Ability to Connect
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 10:26:31 PM »
Hi,

please read the link "VirusRemoval" below in my sig, and then come back with more info, e.g.:
- full Trojanname and path/folder/filename for each trojan
- results of onlinescanners
- a hijackthis-Log
- win version
- avast version & VPS..

Also enter the names of the trojans in the link "VirusInfo" below and search there.. ;)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 06:56:47 PM »
Hi thaumielx72, welcome to the forums.

You have to remove the commands that are loading them into memory.

Follow Eddy's website instructions and you will be well on your way to clearing the persistant problem.

David

Edit: Oops, messed up and forgot it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 07:46:48 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 07:01:14 PM »
Perhaps next time also include the link in your message David ;)

thaumielx72, click on the link in my signature to go to the page David was talking about.