Author Topic: Avast 6 take long-time boot...  (Read 43705 times)

dagrev

Re: Avast 6 take long-time boot...
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 03:23:09 PM »
I uninstalled and tried several things but still ended up with a 106 second boot for avast.

It's not causing a real problem as such, but I would like to get this to a normal time frame.

dagrev

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 09:37:24 PM »
Toshiba Intel P7450 2.13 GHz, 4 Gig Ram / Win7 (x64), AIS 6.0, Malwarebytes Pro, RollbackRx, Acronis TI, SugarSync (free).

Well your system is no slouch either and comparing with previous avast5 is a good marker.

However, avast 6 does have more functionality, so I don't know if that might mean it is doing more scanning at boot if some of these applications are running on boot:
Malwarebytes Pro, RollbackRx, Acronis TI.

So their access to the system may well cause avast to do more scanning in avast6 than in avast5. I don't know how early the behaviour shield might be running as these two applications RollbackRx, Acronis TI may have it working overtime.

I just rebooted and the Behavior Shld only scanned one item, so I can't imagine that it slowing things down.

Last boot was 127 seconds for avast!.  Some of the things I have running actually boot on delay.  Rollback mainly boots first, before anything else.

Any other suggestions?

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 12:09:13 PM »
I uninstalled and tried several things but still ended up with a 106 second boot for avast.

It's not causing a real problem as such, but I would like to get this to a normal time frame.

The 106 seconds is for the TOTAL boot or ONLY for Avast?
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 12:16:18 PM »

So Soluto is doing its work.

I had my slow boots from time to time.

This post is slightly off topic, I installed Soluto yesterday and noticed that my GUI is slightly different than the one you posted.. I dont have a button called feed-back.

Also I watched the video and according to that when I right click soluto on the task bar I should get  "MY PC Just Frustrated Me" , "Ongoing Frustration Research" and "Live Boot Progress". But I dont see any of that when I right click.. I have a different set of menus  :-\   "PC Readiness Monitor", "Advanced" and they contain options to disable it on startup/ exit on boot etc.. Is your set of menus according to the video or like mine?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 01:34:10 PM by DraKuL »
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

dagrev

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 02:12:35 PM »
My avast boot time is my concern, not the total time for everything.  Avast is the only one that at times takes over a minute and a half to load.  The most recent time for avast alone was 51 seconds.  I can live with that compared to 121 seconds from time to time.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 02:15:43 PM »
My avast boot time is my concern, not the total time for everything.  Avast is the only one that at times takes over a minute and a half to load.  The most recent time for avast alone was 51 seconds.  I can live with that compared to 121 seconds from time to time.

Oh ok, Avast loads pretty quickly on my pc though.. but its the other windows processes that take up time.. svchost etc..  by the way you're also using soluto right? please check the above post I made. Thanks.

dagrev

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 02:25:38 PM »
My next item for long boot time is a Windows Sys (42 seconds) which can't be changed, then Trusteer Rapport (25).  So the large load time for avast really sticks out.

There have been several minor updates in their beta and I haven't kept up since it working fine and they suggest leaving it alone unless there are problems.  As a result I may not be using the same version as you.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 02:33:17 PM »
My next item for long boot time is a Windows Sys (42 seconds) which can't be changed, then Trusteer Rapport (25).  So the large load time for avast really sticks out.

There have been several minor updates in their beta and I haven't kept up since it working fine and they suggest leaving it alone unless there are problems.  As a result I may not be using the same version as you.

Well the last time it scanned, Win Sys takes 26secs, Avast 20secs but it has SO MANY processes running at startup!! 90+!! I removed and delayed 23 of them.. It still has so many processes that cant be delayed/stopped and most of them are windows processes.. different types of svc processes that take 3-6secs each.. (about 40 apps).. which is why my system takes upto 2minutes to boot..

About the version, do you have "my pc just frustrated me" option? and the feedback button on the GUI?

dagrev

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 05:35:46 PM »
My last boot time was 4:21 (avast taking 51 seconds of it), with 71 applications in boot.  15 apps removed or delayed, saving me :51.

I don't see anything like that.  My build from the download is 1.1.1371.0 and is from Feb 22.

Some have complained that soluto provides not real savings because it has to load, but is only takes 4 seconds.

Dieselman

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 05:53:10 PM »
Soluto can only tell you what maybe slowing up your boot time but it cannot speed it up. That is easily done by using "msconfig". You can also disable unnecessary services to save boot time. BlackVipre's web site is a great place for this.

dagrev

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 06:36:54 PM »
Thanks for the website info. I'll be sure to check that out.

I believe Soluto can speed up boot time because you can delay some things that want to automatically load and pause others until you actually call for that program.  Something like Winpatrol (a little) or Norton's startup manager.

Dieselman

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 07:21:48 PM »
Anything Soluto can do you can do yourself.

Silk0

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2011, 07:50:02 PM »
Avast! takes normally about 8 sec - 12sec to boot here.

Now if you do Boot scan, the long time of booting by avast! is normal to be on order of 100 secs, etc.

dagrev

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2011, 08:02:19 PM »
Anything Soluto can do you can do yourself.

True, but I'm not comfortable messing with too much stuff. 

Dieselman

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2011, 08:04:37 PM »
There is nothing complicated about it. Go into msconfig and its all right there. CCleaner also has a start up item enabler and disabler. Here is the Black Viper site. If you can use RollBack and Acronis you are more then qualified. Acronis itself runs a lot of unnessary start ups and services. Its rather bloated. Paragon Home and Recovery Free is a great replacement.

http://www.blackviper.com/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 08:07:04 PM by Dieselman »