Author Topic: Where are the Scan Logs!???  (Read 3872 times)

KNRover

Where are the Scan Logs!???
« on: February 28, 2011, 03:13:07 PM »
I recently switched frm Avira to Avast! I scheduled a full scan every Sunday at 12N, and checked that it should wake the system if it's in sleep mode. Yesterday (Sunday) I was away. I want to check to see if the scan was run. Help Center talks about Scan Logs and "In this section, you can find a list of all scans that have been run and the scan results."  WHERE?  What "section"? Can't find that section anywhere. Where is it?

Offline cynderella28

Re: Where are the Scan Logs!???
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 03:25:54 PM »
Click on the avast icon to open the interface. On the left side you'll see "Scan Computer". Click on it and you will see "Scan Logs" click on  that and it'll open showing the results of the latest scans.
Windows 7 | IE9  | Firefox | avast! 2014.9.0.2021| CCleaner | Malwarebytes | Spywareblaster 5.0

kvl

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 04:21:23 PM »
You need named the report file(in scan setting menu)before scan virus.
If you don't named the report file, nothing will logged.

I'am not good in English.
I hope you understand what i say.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 05:08:00 PM »
You don't need to name the report file, the asterisk * in the File name field will give the file name the same name as the Scan name, e.g. Quick scan.txt or Full system scan.txt, etc. see image.

You have to have enabled the Generate report file and it should be done by default.

The actual location rather depends on a few things, your OS, if you had avast 5 installed previously and how you installed avast 6 (update from 5.0 of clean install).

Avast! scan Report File Locations
- C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\Alwil Software\Avast5\report  (Windows 2000, Windows XP). Or C:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5\report (windows Vista, windows 7).

Or after clean install of avast 6:
- C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\Avast Software\Avast\report  (Windows 2000, Windows XP). Or C:\ProgramData\Avast Software\Avast\report (windows Vista, windows 7).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

KNRover

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 10:36:34 PM »
Click on the avast icon to open the interface. On the left side you'll see "Scan Computer". Click on it and you will see "Scan Logs" click on  that and it'll open showing the results of the latest scans.
Ya' know, things get really inconvenient when you get old. I have no idea why I didn't see this, but sure enough, the logs are there. Sorry for the dumb question.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 10:56:33 PM »
Dumb would have been not to have asked ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security