Author Topic: Aavst 6 - automatic sandbox improving in future builds??  (Read 6805 times)

Parabel

Re: Aavst 6 - automatic sandbox improving in future builds??
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 10:44:08 PM »
You don't even have to guess. If it's something you know that you installed and know is safe then it should be okay. If it's something you don't recognize, it might not be so you don't run it. No guesswork involved there.

Many fake antiviruses (rogue software) aren't easy to recognize for computer beginners.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Aavst 6 - automatic sandbox improving in future builds??
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 12:34:31 AM »
<snip>
Most infections today are drive by download or java exploit. If a site is infected by a java exploit your java plug-in in your browser downloads other malware if your antivirus don't detect it.

A browser used with Sandboxie for instance can't harm anything of your real machine. All bad things aren't able to bypass the sandbox. A far as I know. Therefor sandboxing is useful in my opinion. 

In this topic we are talking about the auto-sandbox feature here.

You can't elect to run a browser sandboxed in the auto-sandbox. For that you have to be using avast Pro or AIS versions with the full sandbox feature.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security