Author Topic: since i've avast!  (Read 3703 times)

GYL

since i've avast!
« on: September 13, 2004, 01:54:38 PM »
since i've avast!: no problem.Before i had bitdefender pro,it said me ""you're infected. bye-bye!!!"
so,i'me very surprised by some  intervenants on this forum,with their problems with avast!it is truly wonderfull,and i advise it to all my friends.It's the first time,i leave  my son  surf on the net ,calmly;thanks to avast!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:since i've avast!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 02:00:35 PM »
Welcome to the board. It's nice to have another Avast user who likes it.

Just some words of advise.

- Avast like every other av application can't detect all malware. When in doubt or want to be sure, you can also use JOTTI in addition to Avast.

- Security (being safe) is not only a matter of having properly installed/configured av software. A firewall is also a good thing to have.

- safety begins with the user! Have a look at THIS THREAD for some info/tips/tricks.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 02:25:57 PM »
You can also get more security related utilities here: www.security-ops.tk

You may also try my avast! External Control if you need anything to tweak ;)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 03:24:30 PM »
Welcome to the forums.

I think many users don't take the time to get to know the programs that they use (not just avast), a little time spent reading help files (RTFM, F=flipping), etc. gets the most from the program, most efficient/effective settings, etc.

For most it's when they experience a problem that they start to get religion, and RTFM. Then it's panic stations, as this saying goes 'when you are up to your ar*e in alligators, the last thing on your mind is draining the swamp.'

Time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted, get to know your software.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 03:26:19 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security