Author Topic: Administrator Password  (Read 18723 times)

Ids

Administrator Password
« on: March 01, 2011, 09:25:01 AM »
Hi all
Yesterday I was install Anti virus Avast on my machine I used window XP. After Installation I restart it then anti viurs scanning on Boot. Now problem is that its create the Administrator password cause of this I can not longing on my system. Does someone help me how to solve this or someone know the password? ???

Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Administrator Password
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 12:10:49 PM »
There are CD on Internet (or P2P) that allows changing/reseting the administrator password.
For instance: Google search
The best things in life are free.

Tgell

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 12:48:05 AM »
The best tool I have come across that will reset the Administrator password is Trinity Rescue Kit based on linux.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 04:38:46 AM »
The best tool I have come across that will reset the Administrator password is Trinity Rescue Kit based on linux.

+1 ;)
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

erqier

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 04:36:58 AM »
Forgot Windows XP Password? | The Best Way To Recover Lost XP Password!

* So you lost your Windows XP user password? You can try your best to remember XP account password, such as: your name? a loved one's birthday? something from your childhood? a pet's name?your home or office address?

davidnleeh4

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 11:55:41 AM »
I am not sure if this will help you or not, but what do you have to lose by trying it! A couple things you can try first. 1.) When the login screen shows up in the "Administrator password section" type in (admin) as the password. 2.) Just hit "Enter". And if all of these do not work, make SURE that you pc is completely turned off. Now reboot it and when the & when the Windows Logo screen that has the bar that goes across the screen, IMMEDIATELY SHUT it down either by hold the power button down or just unplugging it! Now reboot it again, you should get the screen that tells you that "Windows, had an error and could not boot" or something like that & you are given a couple options like: Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Last known Good configuration. I suggest that you use "Safe Mode with Networking" once you click that it will load/check Windows files to make sure that they are ok. Then you are brought to the "User Menu" at this point Administrator should be listed and not have a password required. It this is the case then go in and make the necessary changes to Avast & also to the Administrator User account. If the Administrator does have to have a password, your user account should also show up on this screen & if you have/had a password on your account type it in and once (HOPEFULLY) you are able to get into your account, you can un-install avast or even better use System Restore to take it back a time prior to this problem. Luck!!!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 06:33:55 AM by davidnleeh4 »

wpn

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 10:18:06 PM »
@davidnleeh4   unfortunately it doesnt work like that...

first of all, instead of putting a bullet in the computer just turn on the computer and start pressing F8  to get in the windows boot menu.

if an administrator password has been set (or any password) you still need to have that password... rebooting in safe mode doesnt change that

the trinity disk is an option to burn on CD.
you can also go to pendrivelinux.com and download YUMI to make a bootable USB stick... the Trinity distro is in the list of option to install on the bootable stick next to many other distro's

edit:

@the message below me from David....
please, dont spread panic and dont talk about things you apparently dont know about.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 11:50:03 AM by wpn »

davidnleeh4

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 06:41:07 AM »
I left out an EXTREMELY IMPORTANT PART  :-[  That part is, if it works for you, when you get into the "Administrator Account" a window should pop up asking if you want to stay in "Safe Mode" or something to that effect; CLICK NO!!! I you don't you will really mess your pc up! After that you are finished click to "Restart" your pc and then you should be on the way to using your pc again.

P30AF.com

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 02:35:08 AM »
I dont know why avast make this problem? ( whay avast make a password for administrator) ??? 8)