Author Topic: Webrep User Synchronization (Suggestion)  (Read 2551 times)

XVSkulblaka7

Webrep User Synchronization (Suggestion)
« on: March 01, 2011, 04:49:57 PM »
I just want to suggest a user synchronization feature like what WOT has. I have a laptop and a computer. Both has avast 6. On my laptop, I rated all my favorites sites on webrep and want all those ratings to be in "sync" with my computer. Meaning I'm don't need to rate the sites again. It would be very convenient if there will be a feature like this.

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
Re: Webrep User Synchronization (Suggestion)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 04:59:06 PM »
i think this is a pretty good idea
Windows 7 x64 / Windows Firewall OFF / UAC OFF
Real-Time: Avast Internet Security / WinPatrol

maugrimx

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 05:32:41 PM »
maybe optional registering to webrep to keep all ratings on a control panel like wot, but registering should not be a requirement to be able to rate.

and also a sign on the webrep toolbar to see if we already have rated the sites we visit.

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 05:44:28 PM »
maybe optional registering to webrep to keep all ratings on a control panel like wot, but registering should not be a requirement to be able to rate.

and also a sign on the webrep toolbar to see if we already have rated the sites we visit.

i think that sounds pretty reasonable, voluntary registration for peep that want the syncing, i dont think a sign is needed on the icon tho, ull most likely know if its a site u visit and know is safe and that uve voted for it

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 06:27:01 PM »
This is a double sided issue. You can have WebRep in a current form which is open to everyone out of the box, but quite flawed or you can have a required registration where you can't rate same webpage several times just because there isn't any cookie holding the info, but the downside is mandatory registration which might not be as widely accepted as open plugin.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 07:22:22 PM »
This is a double sided issue. You can have WebRep in a current form which is open to everyone out of the box, but quite flawed or you can have a required registration where you can't rate same webpage several times just because there isn't any cookie holding the info, but the downside is mandatory registration which might not be as widely accepted as open plugin.

that is true, i think at the very least avast shuld create an option to register even if they dont make it a mandatory registration. or have it tied to ur license key, that way it will remember ur votes for the installation of avast u have and there wont be the problem with having to have a browser cookie.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:24:04 PM by firzen771 »