Author Topic: Avast 6.0's WebRep  (Read 31132 times)

Rafatxo

Avast 6.0's WebRep
« on: March 01, 2011, 08:03:58 PM »
Hello!!
I have had a message to update to Avast's last version. I updated on my two computers (one with XP, and the other with Vista). I think in both of them I did the update well.
However, in XP I do not see the WebRep, that appears on Vista. In Vista, it is enough to type something on Google, and then every page that appears has WebRep's green symbol on its right, next to the magnifying glass. However, in XP I have seen the Add-ons installed, and it says that it is on. And in C: , I have seen that it is installed, too. However, in "Tools bar", it does not appear, as it does in Vista. Browser is Internet Explorer 8 in both computers. What can I do?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 12:26:49 PM by Rafatxo »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast 6.0's WebRep
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:11:56 PM »
Which browser..?
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 08:23:55 PM »
WebRep used to work grat before the server wreck. After that it's a complete mess for me.
Some pages in Google don't even have a grey icon, most of pages aren't rated even though they used to be, my blog was rated and yet it's still saying that it has no ratings.
Vlk was mentioning cached results but i don't think cache lasts for 3 days or more...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Nesivos

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 08:37:59 PM »
WebRep used to work grat before the server wreck. After that it's a complete mess for me.
Some pages in Google don't even have a grey icon, most of pages aren't rated even though they used to be, my blog was rated and yet it's still saying that it has no ratings.
Vlk was mentioning cached results but i don't think cache lasts for 3 days or more...

If you use Firefox 4.0 beta, I don't recall about 3.6x, you can set how much cache it retains.

I am currently using 37.5 MB.

You can set the maximum amount of cache that Firefox will retain by going Tools------Options---Advanced------Network

As far as I know Google retains cached pages for a very long time

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 08:54:24 PM by Nesivos »

YoKenny

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 08:56:18 PM »
my blog was rated and yet it's still saying that it has no ratings.
Your blog is blocked by MBAM:
IP-BLOCK 91.215.158.57 (Type: outgoing)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 09:45:35 PM »
Probably just because it's being forwarded by dot.tk. Some are stupid and just block everything with .tk in the end...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Nesivos

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 10:15:22 PM »
This may or may be relative to the problem.   Sorry if it is not :)

When I went to dot.tk/en/ Firefox gave me the following message.

"Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another webpage"

k.u.r.t

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 10:30:09 PM »
Hello!!
I have had a message to update to Avast's last version. I updated on my two computers (one with XP, and the other with Vista). I think in both of them I did the update well.
However, in XP I do not see the WebRep, that appears on Vista. In Vista, it is enough to type something on Google, and then every page that appears has WebRep's green symbol on its right, next to the magnifying glass. However, in XP I have seen the Add-ons installed, and it says that it is on. And in C: , I have seen that it is installed, too. However, in "Tools bar", it does not appear, as it does in Vista. What can I do?
Are you using IE?
Go to Tools > Manage Add-ons and ensure that webrep is (a) listed and (b) enabled. That should be enough. You might also try to right click on the toolbar and select "avast! WebRep" from the list of available toolbars.

Rafatxo

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 12:23:17 PM »
Browser is Internet Explorer 8 in both of them.

Rafatxo

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 12:25:22 PM »
Which browser..?
asyn

Browser is Internet Explorer 8 in both computers.

Rafatxo

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 12:30:29 PM »
Hello!!
However, in XP I do not see the WebRep, that appears on Vista. In Vista, it is enough to type something on Google, and then every page that appears has WebRep's green symbol on its right, next to the magnifying glass. However, in XP I have seen the Add-ons installed, and it says that it is on. And in C: , I have seen that it is installed, too. However, in "Tools bar", it does not appear, as it does in Vista. What can I do?
Are you using IE?
Go to Tools > Manage Add-ons and ensure that webrep is (a) listed and (b) enabled. That should be enough. You might also try to right click on the toolbar and select "avast! WebRep" from the list of available toolbars.
Hello!!
Are you using IE?
But the problem is that in XP WebRep does not appear in the list of available toolbars.

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 12:45:27 PM »
I suggest you do a "repair" installation of Avast 6 via Control Panel -> Software -> Avast. Select "Repair". Let it do until finished. Reboot.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Rafatxo

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 07:41:46 PM »
I suggest you do a "repair" installation of Avast 6 via Control Panel -> Software -> Avast. Select "Repair". Let it do until finished. Reboot.
I think "Add or remove programs" in XP does not have that option. The "Repair" option.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 07:50:16 PM »
I think "Add or remove programs" in XP does not have that option. The "Repair" option.
Of course it does, double click on avast in remove program's and once you get the popup scroll down and repair will be there.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 08:08:55 PM »
It does, add remove programs, avast, Change/Remove, from the next window scroll down to repair.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security