Author Topic: Avast 6.0's WebRep  (Read 30965 times)

cobo04

Re: Avast 6.0's WebRep
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 11:09:32 PM »
having installed Avast 6 on my XP Pro box, all went well until I checked my installation of IE7 and Firefox, both had an extra icon - webrep. Now no matter what I do, it won't go away.

I just do not want it there or operating, goto google and this box of 'rate this' pops up.

So come on, where is the remore webrep option please before I jump ship and find a more user friendly AV that doesn't put a non AV icon into any browser.

Thanks from a most annoyed Webmaster.

Colin >:(
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 11:12:26 PM by cobo04 »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 07:26:52 AM »
My Avast 6 Free is not able to recognize installed Firefox at WEBREP setting tab ( Vista 64 Home Premium SP2 ).
Even after FF reinstalation and checked option to detect newly installed browser it still claims FF is not installed.
( "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" )

This should be fixed in this version: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=73110.0
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

poutnik

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 06:22:28 PM »
This should be fixed in this version: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=73110.0
asyn

Hm, I already have that 6.0.1000 version, keeps ignoring FF.
Will try to overinstall FF.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2011, 06:29:54 PM »
asyn

Hm, I already have that 6.0.1000 version, keeps ignoring FF.
Will try to overinstall FF.
The link Asyn supplied you is for the 6.0.1021 prerelease which should fix your issue.

poutnik

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 06:33:33 PM »
Ah, I see I cannot read correctly.  :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 06:37:52 PM by poutnik »

derry

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2011, 06:36:16 PM »
avast should have address this problem even before beta was released their should be no exceptions to the avast paid users that have to deal with this.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2011, 07:00:37 PM »
avast should have address this problem even before beta was released their should be no exceptions to the avast paid users that have to deal with this.
Any and all software is constantly being updated all the time to fix some bug somewhere, not just avast.
You've been complaining in all your post's so if avast is so bad to you why dont you move on.

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2011, 07:11:50 PM »
Any and all software is constantly being updated all the time to fix some bug somewhere, not just avast.
You've been complaining in all your post's so if avast is so bad to you why dont you move on.

thats true, but its becoming more and more apparent that the backend infrastructure of WebRep was not ready for public use when v6 was released and it still isnt entirely ready it seems. perhaps it was slightly rushed to meet the release deadline
Windows 7 x64 / Windows Firewall OFF / UAC OFF
Real-Time: Avast Internet Security / WinPatrol

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 07:18:22 PM »
I suppose that untill people started using webrep avast might not have known how much they would of had to beef up the infrastucture  ??? plus they need us user's to build the data base.

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 07:42:55 PM »
I suppose that untill people started using webrep avast might not have known how much they would of had to beef up the infrastucture  ??? plus they need us user's to build the data base.

i completely understand the low amount of initial ratings, thats a given just by the nature of it, but i think they shuld have planned ahead better by considering how many users they have and making sure they can support all of them instead of interrupting service along the way to add upgrades, etc

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2011, 07:57:06 PM »
Should of could of didn't  ;) until now we never had webrep so if it has it's days where its not working it to me is like before we ever had it, no big lose when it doesn't work as it doesn't really interfere with any usability of avast or browsing as such so i'll just be patient and once it is stable we all benifit  :)

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2011, 09:24:02 PM »
Should of could of didn't  ;) until now we never had webrep so if it has it's days where its not working it to me is like before we ever had it, no big lose when it doesn't work as it doesn't really interfere with any usability of avast or browsing as such so i'll just be patient and once it is stable we all benifit  :)

+1  ;)

derry

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2011, 09:52:42 PM »
Look craigb.............Im just saying this version of avast was completely rushed and you fail to see it. You defend avast like comodo members and melih defend comodo. You have to know all software fails but there is always room for improvements. *You telling the users to move on to another product* Is completely UN-professional. If avast told every one of there users to switch software if they encounter a problem how many avast users would there be? Not to many...

Thank you firzen771 for acknowledging the obvious. ;) 

Avast hopefully will fix the web rep in the next version.  
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:54:34 PM by derry »

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2011, 09:54:27 PM »

from what ive heard, its not really webrep itself thats the problem, but its the backend infrastructure thats had problems

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2011, 04:29:59 AM »
Look craigb.............Im just saying this version of avast was completely rushed and you fail to see it. You defend avast like comodo members and melih defend comodo. You have to know all software fails but there is always room for improvements. *You telling the users to move on to another product* Is completely UN-professional. If avast told every one of there users to switch software if they encounter a problem how many avast users would there be? Not to many...

Thank you firzen771 for acknowledging the obvious. ;) 

Well i dont think this version was rushed as avast has released it in the same manner as every other version and everyone was told about webrep and that there will be alot of improvements taking place on it so that is why i mentioned having patience, maybe it will be fixed soon and maybe it wont but i dont see the need to jump from one post to the next complaining about the same thing especially when the webrep doesn't really affect anything. I also dont go telling the user's to move on, only you! as you seem like a constant whinger and are probably never happy no matter what and my statment's to you are in no relation to the avast company as im a private user just like everyone else here.