Author Topic: Large context menu  (Read 8809 times)

privateofcourse

Re: Large context menu
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 10:18:47 PM »
Well, fun and games.

The context menu handler not only includes the "Scan 'file/foldername' menu entry, but also the "Run in Sandbox" and "Always run in Sandbox" menu entries too. So removing the '00Avast' key from under 'AllFileSystemObjects' also removes the possibility of Sandboxing apps via the right-click context menu. However, I have created a ContextMenuHandlers key under exefiles for the moment, and I'll consider adding to few others for good measure later. But it works fine now, and those entries (the Sandboxing ones) do appear for executables. And of course, no unwieldy context menu entries, albeit that I lose the pretty GUI and have to revert to the command line. I hope this is a temporary measure however, and that there is a fix in the making. The command line works great btw. I know this because it also grumbles when it hits Resource Hacker...a false positive of course...which I am always reporting but no update resolves it. Anyhow, pics attached.

edit..

also added key for lnkfiles as well, so can now launch shortcuts sandboxed from context menu as well. So sorted for now.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:36:20 PM by Privateofcourse »