Author Topic: avast 6 and web accelerators  (Read 8864 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast 6 and web accelerators
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 12:43:39 AM »
If you put that port in the firefox proxy settings, then you should put that port in the redirected ports and that should take care of it, hopefully without unchecking the Ignore local communications.

Monitor the real-time shields, web shield details and ensure that the traffic is being scanned, e.g. the scanned count would be increasing and the last scanned field would also be constantly updated.

If not then you might need to uncheck the ignore local communication again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

s.h.

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 01:04:25 AM »
I went back into firefox and the options. The box is clicked next to manual proxy configuration. then localhost and the port number is underneath. Then a little furthur down it says:
no proxy for: localhost and then it lists my ip address. Should I delete this? Do you know? I know it's more about FF and not avast. I'm still having the issue with the accelerator even with my port listed.

s.h.

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 01:22:14 AM »
Also would I need to change any settings on my avast firewall? It's set on medium zone if you need to know that.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 01:29:38 AM »
I don't know as it is years since I used a web accelerator on dial-up and to be honest, it was a waste of time, I was even using a paid option and I got my money back.

So I can't recall exactly how I connected, but from memory you need to be connecting through a site so that all the requests go out to that site and they bring it in very fast and compress it and send it down, where it is decompressed.

So I think you would have to leave these IP addresses or the accelerator might not work.

Unfortunately I can't be much practical help as I have no idea how your accelerator works.

The avast firewall as far as I'm aware doesn't need any changes.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security