Author Topic: Resolved: Wanted to ask a question about avast 6 free  (Read 2082 times)

Diddy

Resolved: Wanted to ask a question about avast 6 free
« on: March 05, 2011, 08:26:35 AM »
HI I have avast 6 free installed on my computer.  This has happened to my twice with avast 6.  When Avast anti virus free 6 starts up it will come up with a message saying that Real time shields are turned off then in the lower window it says your your web shield is turned off make sure that web shield is turned on so you are fully protected.  Then up in the corner it has the fix it button the first time avast antivirus did this I pushed the fix it button in the corner and it seemed to fix the problem until tonight when I restarted avast antivirus 6 free.    What I was wondering why does this happen and what can be done to keep this from happening again and again.

I should also mention that when this did happen right now I did not push the fix it button or anything I was headed to the avast forum when I looked down and avast antivirus had corrected the problem all by it self.  Everything is fine and all the shields are on everything is on.

thanks have a great day.

some important info

Windows Vista home basic

avast antivirus free 6

ps: I would just like to let avast now that this is still happening
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 05:19:56 AM by Diddy »

SafeSurf

Re: Wanted to ask a question about avast 6 free
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 08:30:35 AM »
Are you going online immediately after booting up?  It takes a minute or so for all the shields to get up and running in Avast, so perhaps that is why you saw Avast "fix" itself today.

If this happens again, you can try an Avast Repair:
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Avast Antivirus.
- Scroll down and choose Repair function in the pop-up window.
- Reboot.

Let us know if this resolves your problem.  Thank you.

YoKenny

Re: Wanted to ask a question about avast 6 free
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 03:34:16 PM »
It would help if you put your system information in your PROFILE such as RAM and CPU type and speed like I have in my signature.

Please go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then Signature: and put information about your system just like my signature about your system just like my signature so that the helpers can offer pertinent advice.