Author Topic: Sandboxing and CUDA app issue  (Read 2066 times)

spletsch

Sandboxing and CUDA app issue
« on: March 05, 2011, 03:39:45 PM »
I run a distributed computing application called DNETC on the BOINC platform.

http://dnetc.net/

Whenever a new instance of the program is started I am prompted to sandbox the task. I have chosen to "remember" to run it normally, however every time the task is started again, I am once again prompted to sandbox this task. I have confirmed that the application is listed under the "Files that will be excluded from automatic sandboxing" however this does not prevent Avast from asking each time a new instance of the application is executed. My only workaround at the moment has been to go into exclusions and set the entire path where this program is loaded from as an exception. This is a path unfortunately where all BOINC applications are loaded remotely from the internet.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Sandboxing and CUDA app issue
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 03:42:41 PM »
What exactly is listed under the "files that will be excluded from automatic sandboxing"?

spletsch

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 03:48:01 PM »
D:\ProgramData\BOINC\slots\1\dnetc_1.02_windows_intelx86__cuda31.exe
D:\ProgramData\BOINC\slots\2\dnetc_1.02_windows_intelx86__cuda31.exe
D:\ProgramData\BOINC\slots\3\dnetc_1.02_windows_intelx86__cuda31.exe
D:\ProgramData\BOINC\slots\4\dnetc_1.02_windows_intelx86__cuda31.exe

and under exclusions I have had to add  D:\ProgramData\BOINC\slots\* to prevent from being prompted

spletsch

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 03:55:34 PM »
DOH!!

I have just realized the problem  :-[  This machine has 8 slots directories :/ after adding the other 4 the messages have stopped. Pardons please for my mistake