Author Topic: avast! Free Antivirus v 6.0.1000 vs Spyware Terminator v 2.8.2.192: error!  (Read 24625 times)

Offline markinson

I'm using Avast 6.0.1000 Free with ST 2.8.2.192 on Vista Home Basic SP2 and have no incompatibility problems.
In fact, I said that in another my O.S. (Windows 7, I mean), I haven't had no problems.
Only with Windows XP I encountered this kind of error. I don't know why.

I am not sure what program is guilty in your case but I would like you not to hurry and accuse ST.
I don't know, too.  ???
I think ST is a good software (I installed it in all my computers), as Avast is one of the best antivirus.
I would like so much they could collaborate ...  :)
If someone with a configuration like mine could check this situation ...
I've a virtual machine with Windows XP Professional (update till SP3), as I said, but with no internet connection. In this case I don't have any problems!
As soon as possible I'll try once again with my virtual machine, manual updating ST ...
For instance, thank you all!!!  ;)

SafeSurf

You may want to try the Avast Pre-Release v.6.0.1021 with your XP-Pro and ST to see if this fixes your problems.  I know this version is a fix for some XP issues.  You can either do an upgrade or a clean install of Avast to this version.

Here is the download file:

Free: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/6.0.1021/setup_av_free.exe

Let me know how this works for you.  Thanks.

Offline markinson

No way ...  :'(
I've uninstalled avast! Free Antivirus v 6.0.1000 in safe mode (F8 at start, I mean), once restarted, all cleaned with the specific cleaner tool (as we said, always in safe mode).
So, I downloaded and installed the v 6.0.1021 beta version.
The problem is always and still there.  :-[
The I rolled back: in safe mode, uninstalled the beta version (cleaned it) and installed the stable one (v 6.0.1000).

Only two considerations:
  • if I don't switch on the internet connection, in 95% of situations, I don't receive any errors opening the ST GUI;
  • I told about this problem to Spyware Terminator Team and waiting from them some answers.

Anyway, thanks a lot!  :)
markinson

SafeSurf

I told about this problem to Spyware Terminator Team and waiting from them some answers.
Have you heard anything back from ST Team?

In the meantime, you can submit a mini-dump file to the Avast Team for analysis.  Here is additional information on how to invoke a memory dump file:  http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=71.

Please, zip and upload the C:\Windows\Memory.dmp file to this anonymous ftp server and name it uniquely: ftp.avast.com/incoming.  Avast will analyze it and respond back to you in this thread or to your email.  Keep us updated in this thread.  Thank you.

Offline markinson

Sorry for terrible delay!
I've had some problems these days.  :-\
Anyway ...

I told about this problem to Spyware Terminator Team and waiting from them some answers.
Have you heard anything back from ST Team?
Nothing from ST Team.
I told them to take a look to this thread.

In the meantime, you can submit a mini-dump file to the Avast Team for analysis. [...]
Doing just now.
I created a zipped file. Inside there are two files: the memory dump invoked and a readme.txt (if you want directly contact me).
I hope I'll finish to upload the compressed file without any problems. It's so big!
Thank once again.
markinson

Offline markinson

Hi, some updates!

I've had the same kind of error with Skype! I mean: "Invalid floating point operation."
It has come to my notice that if the GUI of the software that I'm launching takes too much, suddenly appears this error.
In fact, once closed the Skype (after the error), waiting some seconds, no other programs running (only the "resident" processes), if I launch again Skype and it's GUI appears in short time I don't receive any errors!  ???

Obviously, it's the same with Spyware Terminator! So, I don't think anymore that the problem is in the frame, but in the time that the GUI takes to load.
launching the program (Non risponde) = (Not responding)  ;)

GUI appeared

Please, sorry if I use ImageShack to load these images, but otherwise I don't know how to do.
I sent the memory dump, hoping the file arrived without any corruption.
Have a nice day!
markinson
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 08:34:24 PM by markinson »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The best things in life are free.

Offline markinson

Please, consider http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=19387.msg607589#msg607589

Tech, I considered what you remembered to me in your last post, as just you wrote HERE.
Otherwise, I didn't write "Please, sorry if I use ImageShack to load these images, but otherwise I don't know how to do.".
Please, excuse me, but consider it's very difficult to me to explain and understand what it's in a different language from mine (in this occasion: english).
Anyway, I modified all my posts, using another hosting site. I hope now all the users of the forum can see these images.
All the best.
markinson

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Yes, thanks, now every user could see the images!

Offline markinson

Ok! All right now!  :)
I saw there's a new beta version (6.0.1035 Beta), I'll try this as soon as possible.

I think also to take a memory dump when Skype crashes and upload the memory dump (so the Avast! Team could check the differences between my other dump).

A question: I use FileZilla portable to upload the memory dump, but, despite all the changing of its configuration (I checked also the option "Send FTP Keep-alive commands"), I continue to receive (every 15/20 minutes or more time) an error like "Connection closed by the server" (I translated in english the error that I received in italian ... sorry!  ::)). In your opinion, was the file correctly uploaded?
Thank you!
markinson
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:00:08 PM by markinson »

Offline markinson

Ok! All right now!  :)
I saw there's a new beta version (6.0.1035 Beta), I'll try this as soon as possible.
No way ... the problems are still there, indeed ... here!  :'(

I'll try to upload a new memory dump. Ok?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Thanks.

Offline markinson

Thanks.

Ok! I'll do it as soon as possible (may be this night or tomorrow evening).
Anyway, could you please answer this question I posted:
I use FileZilla portable to upload the memory dump, but, despite all the changing of its configuration (I checked also the option "Send FTP Keep-alive commands"), I continue to receive (every 15/20 minutes or more time) an error like "Connection closed by the server" (I translated in english the error that I received in italian ... sorry!  ::)). In your opinion, was the file correctly uploaded?

Thank you so much!
markinson

P.S.
I also disabled some services or process using msconfig command, to have a faster system. In fact, the error with Skype is less frequent.
I don't know ...  ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
FileZilla always display the success of an uploading.
I suggest you 7-zip the file, split it into parts, upload the parts (like 50Mb for instance).

Offline markinson

Here I'm, once again!
Hope everything is good for all of you.  ;)

As we said, I uploaded (on 23 march) the memory dump (after the Skype "crash"). I preferred to upload a single (big) file.
At the end, FileZilla displayed that the uploading was successful. I hope so, too! Today, for example, is it possible to know if it's right from the Avast! Team?

Something more.
Just today I upgraded to avast! Free Antivirus beta version 6.0.1044.
Since now, I haven't had any problems launching Skype on my Windows XP Professional O.S..
But, the error still remains about Spyware Terminator ...  :-\

For now, that's all.
Cheers!
markinson