Agree with the above. You're getting a lot of suggestions and may be overwhelmed. To make it simple:
1. Uninstall Ad-aware
via the vendor's uninstaller tool and reboot
2. Uninstall Spyboot
- Uninstall Spybot S&D w/Teatimer: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html
- How to disable Spybot-S&D (temporarily). http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/disable.html
. Even though it says temporarily, the resident parts of SpyBot Search & Destroy must be enabled manually if disabled in this manner. TeaTimer doesn't load into memory at all when disabled.
3. Run CCleaner
for both cleaning and registry cleaning. Make a back up of registry fix in Documents or USB temporarily.
4. Download and install MBAM
5. Uninstall and do a clean install of Avast
(see steps 1 - 9 below):
1. Save a copy of Avast 6.0.1000
and save it to your HDD if you haven't already:Free
2. Download the Avast Uninstall Utility http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear6.exe
and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for all Avast versions and products).
3. Disconnect from the Internet at this time.
4. Go to Control Panel and uninstall Avast through Add/Remove Programs if possible and reboot.
5. If Step 4 fails, boot into Safe Mode
(hit F8 repeatedly) and run the Avast Uninstall Tool. If you had previous versions of Avast on this machine, uninstall all versions of Avast at this time.
. Run CCleaner after reboot.
7. Install the newest version of Avast and reboot
8. Get Internet access and register your copy for Free:
Free – http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php
9. Update the Avast definitions.
Reboot your machine again and when all is working properly, download a defrag tool. There are several good ones out there; one was mentioned as well as free Puran defrag
, which has a boot-time defrag as well as a regular defrag http://www.puransoftware.com/
Let us know how this works for you.