Author Topic: Firefox 1.0 release available  (Read 23823 times)

conazus

Re:Firefox 1.0 release available
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2004, 01:06:34 AM »
groan...    ???

someone help DavidR out here..  Im not sure why its doing this to him...     :'(

neal62

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2004, 01:28:11 AM »
Hi, I just recently downloaded both the new F.F. and T.B. versions and did not have any problems. David, I am not sure why you are having this problem, wish I could help. :-\

inthewildteam

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2004, 01:58:45 AM »
Thanks for the heads up connie, grabbed both F/fox and T/bird today and working no problem.

DavidR, you did un-install before updating didn't you?

A complete un-install I mean.  I can't leave any trace (folder or reg entry) if I'm updating.  Don't figure, it seems to be only this machine out of 3 that I use.  Have never been able to understand why.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 02:04:31 AM by inthewildteam »

conazus

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2004, 02:27:49 AM »
murphys law   ::)

now im getting a  "not a valid install pkg for EVERY single one of the extensions that i try to install"     Even did a little test and got rid of one i KNOW worked cus I installed it earlier and now ITS doing the same thing      :P

conazus

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2004, 02:30:23 AM »
all griping aside..   this is but a minor problem..  I love the program..   1.0 seems to be working ALOT faster, and has some great new features to it.    

DavidR.. they will most likely get it fixed soon.    I read thru alot of msgs on the forum there and it seems alot of folks using XP are having problems..  but then others are having none...        

but then...  thats the norm   :)

Staind

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2004, 02:35:32 AM »
Is there anyway to update Thunderbird without having to uninstall it? I hate having to re-input all of my mail information.

conazus

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2004, 02:37:34 AM »
The website states you MUST uninstall it.    I did and when installing 8.0 my addresses were all in place.   You can export them first so you have a backup if you are worried about losing them.   I did so, then wound up not needing them.

inthewildteam

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2004, 02:42:36 AM »
I don't have this problem over 3 machines, I choose to select no to comletely delete and then re-install. It always keeps my settings. Thunderbird I mean Staind.

Firefox is fine on 2 machines, only on 1 do I have to remove every reference to it before an update.

For info, all 3 machines are "clones" built by myself  but with diferent specs and mainboards and cards.  Causes me much head scratching as you can imagine!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 02:44:46 AM by inthewildteam »

conazus

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2004, 02:47:21 AM »
i have firefox on 2 machines here as well..  both clones, and i also built em myself.   i didnt uninstall firefox first  (i dont read manuals either  ;D )   ,   and other then a little glitch with the extensions its working wonderfully.  

I DID uninstall Thunderbird..  okay  I read the warning on the site and decided it would be wize to do so.    Entering my ISP info takes no time at all.. wasnt worried about it..  and the addresses, as I said earlier., were not lost..   all is welll

inthewildteam

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2004, 03:11:05 AM »
i have firefox on 2 machines here as well..  both clones, and i also built em myself.   i didnt uninstall firefox first  (i dont read manuals either  ;D )   ,   and other then a little glitch with the extensions its working wonderfully.  

I DID uninstall Thunderbird..  okay  I read the warning on the site and decided it would be wize to do so.    Entering my ISP info takes no time at all.. wasnt worried about it..  and the addresses, as I said earlier., were not lost..   all is welll

I said no to the complete un-install ..programme files ..blah blah with T/bird as I have with the previous builds, and it's up and running with all my contacts, messages etc.

I also did this with F/fox and only 1 machine had problems.  It just takes a little longer with the errant machine to get it working.  At least its working now without any problems!

conazus

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2004, 03:13:33 AM »
Inthewild    cool..    i usually do the same.. this time decided i didnt feel like messing with screwups so i opted to uninstall it knowing it wouldnt take me that long to get it as i wanted it again..   whatever works    :)

fixed the earlier problem..  extensions are now working..   seems firefox wanted to do an update and until i did so it wouldnt let me get the extensions  ::)

inthewildteam

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2004, 03:29:53 AM »
Hope Staind has got his system up and running!

conazus

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2004, 03:32:46 AM »
Hope Staind has got his system up and running!

yeah... DavidR too..    

inthewildteam

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2004, 03:50:13 AM »
I can't get a repeatable problem about the extensions.  SP2 might be a clue, I don't run it.

Also. I don't run many .......... prefer to keep my browser "lean and clean"

conazus

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2004, 03:55:43 AM »
Im not running XP... still using 98SE..     I think it was just one of those little quirks that happens at times..