Author Topic: What is the official release date for the next Avast Business Suite Product !  (Read 3741 times)

Offline hillen

My company has been a long time user of Avast -- we even stuck by you guys when you released a bad update which blue screened every Windows NT machine we had! Yes that is how long we have been using your product!

In return for our loyalty I simply want to know if your company will show some loyalty to us by telling us when you are going to release an updated version of your business line.

As an IT Director, responsible for protecting HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of dollars of corporate data -- your silence on this matter is very unprofessional and is getting very old.

I am currently running managed 4.8 on the workstations and non-managed AIS on our laptops -- DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE MOST VULNERABLE MACHINES ARE NOT UNDER MY IMMEDIATE CONTROL?!

I have been reading for way to long -- the next release is soon! You can no longer be silent on this matter -- either you are supporting your business suite or you are not -- which is it? Make a formal announcement or something, but silence is no longer acceptable.

I have 10 months left on this subscription and it will not be renewed again without an official release date from your company. By the end of March I will start the process to select a replacement. If you're a business and you are fed up with this also, then I would encourage you to vent along with me on this post.

Nesivos

What did Sales say when you contacted them?

Sales inquiries

Submit an inquiry online
    Call us by +420 274 005 777
    Fax to +420 274 005 888
    Contact us on e-mail: show e-mail address

http://www.avast.com/contacts

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
hillen if you had read the other thread that you posted in then you would have noticed that it is expected around april 11th, please keep your questions to the related forum threads.

Offline hillen

With all due respect -- please point me to the official release date, published by Avast.

On another note -- there is no beta available at this moment and you want me to believe there will be a released version on April 11th -- after many other promises of releases..

Once again -- show me the official release announcement (heck even for a beta version) -- otherwise the announcements from users of a release date is of no use to me or anyone else.

doktornotor

"When it's ready" is the answer you'd get from most opensource developers - and I agree with them. No point in Vista-style official vapourware announcements.  ;)

Nesivos

With all due respect -- please point me to the official release date, published by Avast.

On another note -- there is no beta available at this moment and you want me to believe there will be a released version on April 11th -- after many other promises of releases..

Once again -- show me the official release announcement (heck even for a beta version) -- otherwise the announcements from users of a release date is of no use to me or anyone else.

What did Sales say when you called them?

If it is that important to you then it behooves you to contact Sales if you haven't already.

Offline hillen

While the comment about open source software may be true -- this is not an open source product, so your point is moot.

doktornotor

While the comment about open source software may be true -- this is not an open source product, so your point is moot.

My point was that the same applies to commercial SW as well, as the Vista release fiasco (and many others) proves.

Offline hillen

The answer I received back from sales is -- there is no official release date.

I guess that gives me 10 months to find a replacement.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster