Author Topic: Resolved: Avast free 6 defintions are out of date by one day  (Read 4349 times)

Diddy

Resolved: Avast free 6 defintions are out of date by one day
« on: March 06, 2011, 04:34:48 AM »
HI when I started my computer up right now I need not see any green pop up message come up to say that my definitions are up to date.  So I went into avast's free 6 start screen and looked under definition version is: 110304-1 this part is high lighted in Red.  

some imfo that might be important:
Windows Vista home basic
Avast 6 free lasted version

thanks have a great day.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 08:51:20 AM by Diddy »

Diddy

Re: Avast free 6 defintions are out of date by one day
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 06:12:51 AM »
HI when I started my computer up right now I need not see any green pop up message come up to say that my definitions are up to date.  So I went into avast's free 6 start screen and looked under definition version is: 110304-1 this part is high lighted in Red. 

I should mention that when I push the update button to update to the lasted definition a message says that the definitions are all ready up to date to the current version is: 110305-1.  when I go back to the avast starter screen and look at definition version it still has 110304-1 this is still high lighted in Red.
thanks have a great day.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 07:04:43 AM »
Can you repair the installation of avast? Goto control panel > uninstall program > select avast antivirus > click change/uninstall > select repair > let the installation complete. See if that fixes it.

norel

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 07:30:23 AM »
If it's highlighted in red, there should be an update button you can click and manually update. If you click it, what happens? Does it update or do you get an error message? If an error message, what does it say?

Diddy

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 08:49:20 AM »
If it's highlighted in red, there should be an update button you can click and manually update. If you click it, what happens? Does it update or do you get an error message? If an error message, what does it say?

I did a repair of avast antivirus and the repair worked when I rebooted into the desktop avast antivirus upated to the lasted definitions and now everything green and checked.
thanks everyone for your help it was appreciated
Thanks again.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 08:50:28 AM »
Thanks again.

You're welcome.

Diddy

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 08:53:46 AM »

I did a repair of avast antivirus and the repair worked when I rebooted into the desktop avast antivirus upated to the lasted definitions and now everything is green now and checked.
Thanks again.

YoKenny

Re: Resolved: Avast free 6 defintions are out of date by one day
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 02:08:50 PM »
I do not think that Windows Vista Home Basic could use Ram: 138 GB ???
Is Vista 32bit or 64bit ???

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Resolved: Avast free 6 defintions are out of date by one day
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 02:34:13 PM »
I do not think that Windows Vista Home Basic could use Ram: 138 GB ???
Is Vista 32bit or 64bit ???

I am damn sure it is his hdd ;D .
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 02:37:20 PM by nmb »