Author Topic: for Vik or any other employee of Avast  (Read 3897 times)

robinb

for Vik or any other employee of Avast
« on: February 23, 2011, 10:55:45 PM »
in the free version pdf manual  Page 11 through the last one  says Avast Free Antivirus 5.0- Quick Start Guide
the others say Avast Free Atnivirus 6.0
I have not looked at the paid one yet but i think you need to fix this because it is very confusing

Also you do not have in this manual after a reboot it asks you if you want to install or not the webrep

robin

robinb

Re: for Vik or any other employee of Avast
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:03:12 PM »
the paid quick version 6.0 is fine- it says 6.0 all the way down
it is just the free version pdf that needs fixing
robin

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 11:07:46 PM »
Thanks. I have notified our technical writer about this issue.

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

robinb

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 11:35:26 PM »
you are welcome :)
robin

robinson

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 01:09:17 PM »
Thank you again for letting us know about the version number in the page headers - we'll certainly fix this a.s.a.p.

With regard to your other question, the WebRep is normally installed be default, unless you select custom installation and de-select it. For which web browsers do you have the webrep plugin installed, and do you get this message after every re-boot? can you send us a screenshot of that?

robinb

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 12:38:27 AM »
Thank you again for letting us know about the version number in the page headers - we'll certainly fix this a.s.a.p.

With regard to your other question, the WebRep is normally installed be default, unless you select custom installation and de-select it. For which web browsers do you have the webrep plugin installed, and do you get this message after every re-boot? can you send us a screenshot of that?

No it is not on every reboot but when you first install the program (at least the free one) and it tells you it is finished and needs a reboot, when it reboots it and gets to the desktop it has sitting right there a box that asks you if you want to install the webrep or not.  This is not showing up in your manual.
Once you pick which way you do not see it again
oh and i used the default to install it
I did it on 8 client computers so far and it shows up the exact same way.  I am going to do another one tomorrow and i will get a screen shot of it once i see it and put it in here
robin

robin

webwizard

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 08:56:21 AM »

I actually have such kind of problem. Every time I restart the PC, the pop up message appears asking if I want to install the plugins for Firefox and IE8. Is there any way to disable it ? (BTW, I'm running XP SP3.

Thanks

Paul

robinb

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 11:15:30 PM »

No it is not on every reboot but when you first install the program (at least the free one) and it tells you it is finished and needs a reboot, when it reboots it and gets to the desktop it has sitting right there a box that asks you if you want to install the webrep or not.  This is not showing up in your manual.
Once you pick which way you do not see it again
oh and i used the default to install it
I did it on 8 client computers so far and it shows up the exact same way.  I am going to do another one tomorrow and i will get a screen shot of it once i see it and put it in here
robin

robin

here is what it looks like after you do a reboot once you install the free 6.0 version
robin