Author Topic: !! NEW !! Pre-release version of avast! [6.0.1021]  (Read 121916 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: !! NEW !! Pre-release version of avast! [6.0.1021]
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2011, 10:22:31 AM »
Cant update Avast free 6.0.1000 to 6.0.1021 from the GUI. So ALLs not well here  >:(

You can't update from the GUI, as this is a Pre-Release version.
You have to wait for the final or use the installer on page one. ;)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

zhaofeipeng911

« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2011, 12:54:29 PM »
 ;D ;D

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2011, 12:57:19 PM »
;D ;D

What do you want to say with the pictures???

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

ShaneARay

« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2011, 01:00:41 PM »
I think he's saying that the "News Service" really needs an updated headline ;)

Pablo Jakelaitis

« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2011, 01:06:48 PM »
Hello,

Thanks to team Avast!, for your great support, I just swapping and installing Antivirus avast!, and now I help others with my knowledge, the Portuguese forum.

osmosis

Re: Pre-release version of avast! [6.0.1021] - crashes outlook
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2011, 03:38:39 PM »
Outlook 2007 Win7/64. Outlook crashes when Avast detects Malware.  Malware blocked Win32 Trojen-Gen (DHL label.exe) Popup opens says moved to chest, then crashed outlook.  Reopen outlook and it again detects the Malware and again crashes.

Is there any dump available after the crash? Or an message in event log?

I didn't look. The avast popup appeared and said it moved the item to the chest. But then got the "outlook stopped responding" dialog box and then outlook crashed. After 4 crashes I turned off the mail shield. Then opened Outlook and found 5 of the 'dhl_label.exe" emails that I seem to get every few days in my junk folder and 4 in the chest.  Avast evidently moved them to the chest one at a time before crashing but couldn't handle the subsequent email.  I deleted all the emails manually then turned the mail shield back on.  I have gotten these emails before with this same attachment and previously it found them and continued on as expected.

Nesivos

« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2011, 04:54:10 PM »
The gadget resizing is indeed a feature of Windows 7. There's nothing like this in Vista.

Thank you Vlk for that reply. That what i thought too. I just needed to be sure that its was indeed one feature of Windows 7.

I hope you guys can reproduce the 4 problems i said if not i can show any pictures on where u can see it.

Just ask and i will do it with pleasures.

Thank you again,
Mr.Agent

Actally gadgets have two sizes in Vista; i.e. large and small. :)

Windows Desktop Gadgets

A gadget has two sizes: small and large. The small size is used to display the information concisely, whereas the large size displays the information in detail. In Windows Vista, these sizes correspond to whether they are docked or floating. When docked, they run in their small size, and when floating they run in their large size. By default in both Windows Vista and Windows 7, the gadget is added to the desktop in its concise, docked state.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd834142.aspx

So my question is:

In Vista can the Avast Gadget be changed between a floating and docked state?

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2011, 04:55:25 PM »
I'm right back with new list of suggestions ;)
1* Please add the rootkit scan log so we will can see them in scan logs [someone already asked]
2* Please create a new section in scans named "special scans" and there you will can set-up the special scans there(explorer scan, screensaver...) - who want to go to settings check the show special scans in avast ui when it can have special section (i dont like when it's between normal scans)
3* Advanced settings for Script & network shield. Both need to set-up generating report files (behavior shield also need report file section). Script shield should have possiblity to set-up heuristics and action when bad script found. Network shield should have to set-up excludes.
4* More Options for WebRep - some checkboxes with: warn when the website has too bad votes, warn when the website is unkown, warn when the website contains inappropriate content for children. (why not let it configurable?). Then set-up if will be showed user's reputations or just from virus lab.
5* Make scan sheduling more advanced. Add possiblity for scaning every X hours (like AVG has!). Then I hate when I have scheduled scan for 1:00 PM and I switch on computer one minute later - you have bad luck and you need to run it manually. So you should add possiblity to check when there shouldn't be scan that wasn't runned and when yes then automatically start the scheduled scan.

Please take this just like my stupid ideas but I think that some of them are useful.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 05:01:23 PM by danny96 »
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Nesivos

« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2011, 05:10:21 PM »

+1

But I noticed that now in my dual-monitor setup the pop-up windows don't show up in the second monitor when I move the main UI window to it, instead showing in the first.

Same here with dual monitors.

Also on my setup that is using the ATI Radeon HD 4200 built in graphics card the GUI does not lock on the monitor when you click on the rectangle next to the "X" in the upper right.

Nesivos

« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2011, 05:18:07 PM »
The link is working fine here... Are you saying that if you click the link above, you get a Page not Found?

What's strange... Now it works for me too from avast interface...  ??? Maybe Cnet had mirror problem at that moment...

Edit: Not working again. Maybe it's protection for one IP address or something...  ???

I think it's Cnet's problem or so. Most cnet download links (download.com) doesn't work for me either. This problem has been around for quite a while and my ISP said that it's not their (ISP) problem...

I use CNET almost exclusively for all my downloads and have for years.  I try a lot of new programs so I using their website quite often.

To my recollection I have never had a problem downloading anything from CNET :)

Nesivos

« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2011, 05:27:50 PM »
This version increases my scan-speed on a quick-scan very much!!!!

6.0.1000 at about 21 minutes
6.0.1021 at about 15 minutes!!!

DJBone

Memory Scan is also a lot faster on this Beta.  Down to 62 seconds with Thunderbird 3.19 and Firefox 4.0 Beta12 loaded with about 20 addons enabled and 9 tabs open.

Nesivos

« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2011, 06:19:55 PM »
This version increases my scan-speed on a quick-scan very much!!!!

6.0.1000 at about 21 minutes
6.0.1021 at about 15 minutes!!!

DJBone

Memory Scan is also a lot faster on this Beta.  Down to 62 seconds with Thunderbird 3.19 and Firefox 4.0 Beta12 loaded with about 20 addons enabled and 9 tabs open.

To expand on my comment above. I had a total of about 60 processes running including nine programs.

Total RAM 3.8GB
RAM being used about 1.5GB

spg SCOTT

« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2011, 06:49:16 PM »
I'm right back with new list of suggestions ;)
1* Please add the rootkit scan log so we will can see them in scan logs [someone already asked]
The logs are in the log folder:
XP –> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Avast\log\aswAr.log
Vista/7 –>C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log\aswAr.log
2* Please create a new section in scans named "special scans" and there you will can set-up the special scans there(explorer scan, screensaver...) - who want to go to settings check the show special scans in avast ui when it can have special section (i dont like when it's between normal scans)
What is wrong with where they are now?
IMHO they are scans that only more advanced users would want to tweak...they already have their own 'special scans' section in the settings...

3* Advanced settings for Script & network shield. Both need to set-up generating report files (behavior shield also need report file section). Script shield should have possiblity to set-up heuristics and action when bad script found. Network shield should have to set-up excludes.
Can't comment really on script shield, but I doubt network shield will ever have exclusion lists. The network shield block list is generally reserved for known malware distribution sites, so having an option to exclude something there would not be a good option.
4* More Options for WebRep - some checkboxes with: warn when the website has too bad votes, warn when the website is unkown, warn when the website contains inappropriate content for children. (why not let it configurable?). Then set-up if will be showed user's reputations or just from virus lab.
As you know already, webrep is being improved constantly so things may be included later...

aritzilla

« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2011, 07:27:58 PM »
Hello!!

I have tested this release and this issue, that appears with version 6.0.1000, is´t solved

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=72798.0

The problem is that several persons get incomplete listings of files shared on the network, using smb for streaming and sharing files.

Thanks.

Bye.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:30:56 PM by aritzilla »

mattburles

« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2011, 07:59:59 PM »
great update! hope the official build is out by friday! :)