Author Topic: SAFE ZONE feature in Internet Security Suite  (Read 2750 times)

Offline simbasi

SAFE ZONE feature in Internet Security Suite
« on: March 07, 2011, 06:26:56 PM »
I've just been trying out the "Safe Zone" feature built into the Internet Security Suite, and somehow my Safe Zone crashes.
I regularly go to many different sites that require various passwords. I store all my login information and password information in a small encrypted password storage program. When I need to look up a password, I just open this small pgm, look up the website, get the info I need to log in, and off I go. Here's the problem. When I open the Avast Safe Zone, I can't find how to access any program on my computer, therefore, can't look up my passwords.  I tried to go to SAFE ZONE / TOOLS / CREATE APPLICATION SHORTCUTS, then selected desktop, as soon as I click on CREATE, I get a message saying that the Safe Zone Browser has crashed.
Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug in the pgm?  I need to be able to access my password program while in the Safe Zone.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: SAFE ZONE feature in Internet Security Suite
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 07:34:39 PM »
You might want to try the pre-release version of avast 6.0.1021 as this has a sandbox fix, see http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=73110.0 for more information and download links.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security