Author Topic: Color of update popup!  (Read 6085 times)

amonra

Color of update popup!
« on: March 09, 2011, 08:19:31 AM »
I think the green of the update popup in version 6 is a little garish. It was "softer" in version 5 as far as I can remember. Or is it my illusion only?

Any possibility to change it?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Color of update popup!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:24:16 AM »
No you cant change it this is the new look and i for one quite like the switch to the stronger and brighter colour's myself including the GUI colour changes too.

amonra

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 08:33:11 AM »
No you cant change it this is the new look and i for one quite like the switch to the stronger and brighter colour's myself including the GUI colour changes too.

I like the colors of GUI too. But the one of the update popup bothers me somehow.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 08:35:14 AM »
Change the popup time to a shorter period and that way you wont have to look at it for as long  :)

amonra

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 08:38:14 AM »
Change the popup time to a shorter period and that way you wont have to look at it for as long  :)

I already did it. ;)

Mele20

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 08:38:28 AM »
How could the colors be "stronger" in ver 6? They are "strong" in ver 5. I had a a terrible mess when I rebooted after installing 6 so I am back to 5 and haven't seen the colors in 6. But I bet I would think they are garish also since the colors in 5 are bright and strong and JUST RIGHT.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 08:46:28 AM »
There just a bit sharper and brighter with the greens, reds and blue's the orange looks the same, quite smart and effective.

2nd base

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 01:01:51 PM »
Wow. Just....wow..... ::)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 02:49:47 PM »
You might as well not waste your time posting if this is all you have to contribute  ::)

2nd base

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 03:19:08 PM »
You might as well not waste your time posting if this is all you have to contribute  ::)

Perhaps. I just think it's silly that most of these threads are becoming premised upon gadgets and silly trinkets that serve no legitimate purpose for an anti-virus and then colors on a popup of all things. It's like people picking their favorite football team based on how cool their helmets look. I don't know. Weird how consumers think these days.

I don't get it, really. Can't get an answer to real inconsistencies but can certainly read a gazillion scribbles about trinkets and gadgets. And colors now. Geez. It's nuts.

I'm not trying to be an ass. I'm really not. It's just silliness with some of the things that are considered "important".

YoKenny

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 03:33:38 PM »
I'm not trying to be an ass. I'm really not. It's just silliness with some of the things that are considered "important".
You are just showing your immaturity.  ;)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 03:42:19 PM »
2nd base  They might be classed by some (SUCH AS YOURSELF) as small meaningless and pointless but these thing's no matter how small are parts of avast that affect people in different way's and this being the avast forum is obviously where all things concerning avast will be discussed.
Its nice to know that your not trying to be an arse because it seems to come natural to you and if your having troubles getting answers to your own inconsistaecies it is more than likely because you dont care about other people's little problem's or thought's and just post stupid replys about these thing's being silly so i guess know one wants to help you with your's.

amonra

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 03:49:17 PM »
I just want Avast to be nearly perfect. ;)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 03:53:16 PM »
I just want Avast to be nearly perfect. ;)
As do we all amonra as do we all  ;D

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 04:02:04 PM »
How things look depends a lot on the screen/monitor settings.
It is a fact that over 99% of the people just use the default settings while they are wrong.
Get THIS, use it and setup things as they should. Than look again at the colors you see on the screen.