Author Topic: warning: MS WinUpdate kb info link rerouted  (Read 6520 times)

Hermite15

Re: warning: MS WinUpdate kb info link rerouted
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 10:12:50 PM »
Couldn't resist:
http://spgscott.wordpress.com/2011/03/08/microsoft-update-kb2505438-typo-link-to-a-typosquatting-malware-site/

;D ;D

The site should definitely be looked at by avast at least

good that you posted it. Doesn't seem to be the case from everywhere though, Yokenny for instance doesn't have the bad link on his system.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 10:26:45 PM »
I googled a bit and have seen one page from this morning.

I did see a thread on sevenforums and I think someone said that they were in the process of sorting it...but now I can't get to the thread, so I can't confirm it.

That said, I do have a comment on the blog saying basically that the link was updated.

Oddly, I don't even have the update yet...
Okay, checked again, and it's there. Link is correct also.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:32:49 PM by spg SCOTT »

Hermite15

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 10:50:13 PM »
okay I'm in the middle of a full scan with Avast (unrelated to the thread here)... when it's done I'll just remove the update and re-install. The bad link is saved locally here and there's no way to update this alone. This will probably be corrected when I do the update again.

Hermite15

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 11:57:42 PM »
that was riduculous, as of f****** course the link would remain in Windows Update history, saved locally at the time of the first update. Anyway a new install of the same KB still brings the same bad infolink associated with it. Better to just forget about that ::)

Hermite15

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 02:47:25 PM »