Author Topic: Deployment fails on Vista and Windows 7 clients  (Read 4877 times)

joshmo

Deployment fails on Vista and Windows 7 clients
« on: February 08, 2011, 09:59:58 PM »
I have a somewhat new Avast SBS Suite installation I'm trying to get working, but I have run into several problems. I will post each topic separately. The first problem is that trying to run deployment on Vista and Windows 7 workstations that have previously had the free version of Avast installed fails with the "Access is denied" error. They are all on the domain and the login used to deploy is a system administrator account. Windows Firewall is not turned on for any of these machines due to problems with other applications on the network, so the ports shouldn't be a problem.

I read the support page about a registry edit, and even tried that on one machine but the deployment still fails. I'm also not excited about having to edit registries on all my current and future workstations.

I would prefer to use deployment instead of MSI (that's a separate problem I'm also going to post), but just wondering if the hassles and workarounds required to make it run on Vista and Win7 are too much. I never had a problem installing the free client on these machines.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 05:07:41 AM by Shannon Mollenhauer »

Juha Tikkanen

Re: Deployment fails on Vista and Windows 7 clients
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 11:18:38 AM »
Hi Shannon,

I have similar issues. Have you found a solution to this?

BR

Juha

Offline spi

• Poster
  • 1st Services
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 01:32:42 PM »
I have a somewhat new Avast SBS Suite installation I'm trying to get working, but I have run into several problems. I will post each topic separately. The first problem is that trying to run deployment on Vista and Windows 7 workstations that have previously had the free version of Avast installed fails with the "Access is denied" error. They are all on the domain and the login used to deploy is a system administrator account. Windows Firewall is not turned on for any of these machines due to problems with other applications on the network, so the ports shouldn't be a problem.

before do the push install on vista or 7, please try the "net use s: \\<host IP Address>\c$" let's see what is error msg.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit + avast Premium 11.1.2241
Network tools: Wireshark+CACE Pilot | Android Softphone + Grandstream UCM61xx | MI4i | Running Out of Time (1999)

ccolding

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 05:46:10 PM »
Are homegroup settings set to allow sharing?