Author Topic: did i get a virus when my pc got a low mem warning and then wouldn't start  (Read 1984 times)

zzcool

hi i got a question my pc got a low memory warning telling me to shut down things to save my data but i ignoren it and continue using my pc as i had this warning before no issues anyway after 2 min the screen started flashing black after i hard rebooted it i got damaged partition and the pc wouldn't start i disconnected the hdd and connected it to my laptop thru external and all my files were fine i asked a friend he works at fixing pcs and he said for sure that it was a virus i am a avast 6 internet security owner and keep my virus definitions up to date thou the win update ones i didn't bother to download about 4 of them thou i had the avast ones up to date this is what my friend said ran thru google translate

http://www.text-upload.com/read.php?t=2892

please note win repar found a boot up problem and repaired it i used the repair option from the dvd thou the pc still wouldn't start

i never visit bad sites press weird links download weird things is it possible that someone just decided to hack me with a super intelligent virus that deletes itself and work thru my ram and wen't thru the avast firewall i payed about 60$ for this

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 04:58:30 AM by zzcool »

zzcool

haha it turns out it was a usb stick i had connected in the front of the pc

now i hope it was that and not the repair that made it work as that means it was no virus