Author Topic: Avast 6 Update Definitions not working No Firewall !  (Read 19283 times)

SafeSurf

Re: Avast 6 Update Definitions not working No Firewall !
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 09:38:15 AM »
rechargelife,

I agree with everyone here.  You have way too many security software on your machine, as well as too many other programs that are doing the same thing, which will not only slow your system down but also cause conflicts.

I have also worked with enough users on this forum to trouble shoot with them the problems that ASC, IObit and SB with TT has caused.  As mentioned earlier, Ad-aware is now obsolete and has been replaced with MBAM (Malwarebytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/). 

It's fine to layer your security software as long as you don't cause conflicts and over-kill.  You are doing both.  Please take a look at all our Signatures that are trying to help you and you will see that we do not have the number of security software that you do and we have no conflicts yet we have excellent protection on our machines and we work with helping keeping people malware-free every day.

Please listen to our suggestions and uninstall via the vendor's uninstaller's tools the following making sure you reboot in between each uninstall:
- Ad-aware
- ASC
- IObit 360
- SB with TT
- Emisoft
- Most of your cleaners and optimizers are redundant and most likely conflicting with each other. (see CCleaner below)

Add:
1. Malwarebytes (Pro if you want maximum protection - resident; Free if you want on-demand)
2. You need a firewall (FW).  You can use the Windows 7 Firewall.
3. CCleaner (as long as you uninstall all your other cleaners and optimizers). There is a Slim version available as well without toolbars at http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds.  Most of us use it for a cleaner and it also is a registry cleaner as well.

After doing your uninstalls, try an Avast Repair:
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Avast Antivirus.
- Scroll down and choose Repair function in the pop-up window.
- Reboot.

If the Repair fails to fix your problems, then an Avast uninstall and clean install is most likely needed.

Let us know if this fixes your problems.  Thank you.

rechargelife

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2011, 03:12:13 PM »
Wow Thank You Thank You all who helped to provided support in helping me ind a solution to the avast not getting update definitions to download, l want you all to know l uninstalled all the ugly software like ad-ware ect and rebooted then as avast team support suggested to me to download this refresh install once l done this and restarted lam now finally getting all updates, thanking you all for your kind wonderful help.

Iam a very very happy man now  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

doktornotor

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2011, 03:13:09 PM »
Good.  8)

rechargelife

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 03:14:20 PM »
Thanks here is the update link they gave me at support l downloaded from http://www.avast.com/download-update

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] Re: Avast 6 Update Definitions not working No Firewall !
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2011, 08:16:05 AM »
We're glad everything is now resolved for you.  Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in the future; we are here 24/7.  Thank you. :)

Offline jason7619

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2011, 09:03:09 AM »
Mind if you ccan help me with some questions I posted here...still no green light here...

Re: ** NEW (RC?) PRE-RELEASE REFRESH 6.0.1035 IS HERE **
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2011, 01:42:21 AM »

and,

Re: ** NEW (RC?) PRE-RELEASE REFRESH 6.0.1035 IS HERE **
« Reply #148 on: Yesterday at 03:05:44 PM »

I downloaded the updates from http://www.avast.com/download-update and still it says that the updates are not for ver6.0.1035 and 1027...?

Please.

Avast IS 19.8  /  Malwarebytes Premium / Windows 10 x64 Build 1903 / AMD A10 Processor desktop with R9 Graphics 32GB Ram.

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] Re: Avast 6 Update Definitions not working No Firewall !
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2011, 10:19:41 AM »
@ jason7619,

Please start a new thread of your own. 

This thread is now closed as the OP's issue is now resolved.  Thank you.