Author Topic: Policy Problems  (Read 5017 times)

gprzybyl

Policy Problems
« on: September 16, 2004, 05:59:14 PM »

When I set the policy for Local Scanners in the Computer Catalog to be Ask for password for all three scanners it disables the avast icon in the system tray.  No response for either a right click or a left click.  Mousing over it still gives the one line status message of what is running.  The password asking is done if you access Avast through the start menu however.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Policy Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 06:21:36 PM »
Well has the policy already been applied? I mean, what you're describing is the default setting (the tray icon being "deaf"). It takes some time to propagate to the clients (a POP interval, i.e. 5-15 minutes)

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

gprzybyl

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 06:54:17 PM »
Yes because I checked it with the behaviour of avast from the start menu.  To reproduce it set all three scanners to enable, wait for it to propogate.  Next set all three to ask for password and wait for it to replicate.  The blue ball goes dead.  Set it back to enable wait for it to propogate and it works fine.  I also have the avast control password enabled.  my service timers are set to 10 minutes to check for avast and 5 minutes to rewrite the settings for avast.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 06:56:07 PM »
OK you're right. I think I'm now being able to simulate it... :)
The fix should be ready soon.

Cheers
Vlk

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 07:23:17 PM »
I guess that for the on-access icon, setting to password protect and to enable will (should) have the same effect. If the password is set, it will be required...