Author Topic: Early beta released...  (Read 47722 times)

Bio

Re: Early beta released...
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 07:43:27 PM »
I think the 200 workstation limitation is related only to hardware configuration of management server...
It is possible that console to scale very well on a quad xeon intel cpu with 8 or 16 gigs of ram.

Sorry, I am not sure what that means. Also, for the amount of money we spent on Avast, would like to get some real answers from them. After all these years, starting to get a bit disappointed in this company.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 02:24:32 AM »
I had thought the SBC was going to be for up to 500 clients? If 200 is the limit I really hope you release a v6 netclient for the existing ADNM
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

jx

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 11:05:58 AM »
:'(
First thing I noticed in the Quick Start Guide..."The Administration Console is designed primarily for small networks of up to 200 workstations."

So, what about companies like ours that have over 200 workstations?

For bigger networks, a newer version of ADNM connector is under development. When this is ready, it will be announced in the ADNM forums.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 11:08:35 AM by jx »

Offline claudiuc

• avast! Security Expert
  • Avast Reseller
  • www.avastantivirus.ro
    • www.avastantivirus.ro
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 08:07:05 PM »
One question: if we have one client with 150 computers on his network and this client later will double his number of station he will need to fallback to old and unpractical version of ADNM?
Why this limitation of exactly 200 stations?
Claudiu C. - Easy Media
Avast & AVG Distributor Romania, Moldova, Hungary
https://www.avastantivirus.ro/

doktornotor

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 10:22:41 PM »
Why this limitation of exactly 200 stations?

I don't think that "designed primarily" means <=200 stations and you can´t use it with 201.  ;)

Offline spi

• Poster
  • 1st Services
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 01:43:06 PM »
I have install SBC on Windows XP SP3 32bit

problem with:

1. mirror was not automatic run and do the update after done with the installation
2. computer discovery can't found any computer/host except the localhost <<=== solve after reinstall the sbc
3. push install was always fail with error host can not found
4. any one know how to push install AIS or have any source file for AIS? or not realease yet?

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 04:06:55 PM by spi »
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit + avast Premium 11.1.2241
Network tools: Wireshark+CACE Pilot | Android Softphone + Grandstream UCM61xx | MI4i | Running Out of Time (1999)

wpn

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 09:08:51 PM »
primairly designed   probably means that its is possible to get over 200 clients on 1 machine but it will be less efficient to manage...

i would love to see that support will be scrapped for Windows XP as server computer....
as the server (mirror) is a critical business unit and the 24/7 availability, it should be only running on a server OS which is built for this kind of operations including network limitations on client computers
xp has also an end of live status...

hopefully i will find this week time to start testing sbc (the disadvantage of coming home after 4 weeks vacation, lots of work to fix)

jx

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 10:27:27 AM »
i would love to see that support will be scrapped for Windows XP as server computer....
as the server (mirror) is a critical business unit and the 24/7 availability, it should be only running on a server OS which is built for this kind of operations including network limitations on client computers
xp has also an end of live status...
This was our concern as well, but really it's up to the user do decide how to install this. Reasons:

* We're not saying you should install it on XP, but you can. You can also install it on a high-end, big bucks server. Depending on your budget, really.
* Small businesses (primary target group for the product) sometimes still only use XP and XP is supported by avast! antivirus as such, so you can install it on the same platform.
* Even if the server is dead for some reason, clients are still able to update - after several unsuccessful attempts, they'll update from the internet...

For these (and other minor) reasons we've decided to include XP as a possible target platform.

Cheers

jx

wpn

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 11:47:03 PM »
clear on the avast point.
the hardware doesnt have to be high-end big bucks.... but its important that key software runs on up to date OS that is sufficient for the serving purpose... XP is not in my professional opinion :)
that avast runs as a client software still on xp thats great since most of hte world still runs that great piece of OS although its outdated and nearly unsupported by the creators

but like i said i would love to see it scrapped, dont NEED it to be scrapped and i cant change the will from Alwil ;)

chrisaroz

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 01:36:22 PM »
I haven't tried it out yet, but can I use this to monitor multiple sites/clients from one interface, or is this just for single locations?

jx

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 01:43:16 PM »
I haven't tried it out yet, but can I use this to monitor multiple sites/clients from one interface, or is this just for single locations?
If you have multiple sites (and proper configuration), you will be able to use the administration console with multiple URLs to monitor each site.
Cheers
jx

wpn

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2011, 09:23:50 PM »
If you have multiple sites (and proper configuration), you will be able to use the administration console with multiple URLs to monitor each site.
Cheers
jx

if properly configured, those multiple URLS are shown in the interface automatically or do we need to typ it in ourselfs?
i prefer the first ofcourse

jx

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 09:37:08 AM »
if properly configured, those multiple URLS are shown in the interface automatically or do we need to typ it in ourselfs?
i prefer the first ofcourse

The management console really is a browser based application... So on the computer where the server is installed, we do create s shortcut. You may create such shortcuts on what ever systems you wish to monitor the system(s) later on.
Cheers
jx

Victor Max

Error install omn SBS 2011
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2011, 01:05:24 PM »
Hello,

I've downloaded the required files from the links provided here and installed it on a fully patched brand new SBS 2011 server. Installation starts perfectly but at the end I receive the errormessage "4154. SQL Server 2008 Express R2 x64 prerequisite was not correctly installed. Continue installation of Avast! Administration Console?"
If I continue the setup is aborted...

Has anyone the same experience?

Best regards,

Victor Max

doktornotor

Re: Error install omn SBS 2011
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2011, 03:07:45 PM »
Eh. Delete.  :D