Author Topic: New MyDoom offers 'how to' details  (Read 4195 times)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
New MyDoom offers 'how to' details
« on: September 17, 2004, 12:20:14 AM »
I copy this information from http://www.neowin.net.com see below.

A new version of the Internet worm MyDoom includes a photo of suspected Netsky worm writer Sven Jaschan and a description of the worm itself. In the latest bizarre twist in the worm's development, authors included a detailed account of what MyDoom.Y does and how it works. This particular tactic has left antivirus vendors baffled.

"It's like they wanted to help us, which is weird," said Mikko Hypponen, director of antivirus research for F-Secure. "The photo could be making the point that MyDoom has won the virus war. But then again, Netsky was much more widespread than MyDoom."

The description of the virus included two signatures, Nemog and Zincite, which Hyponnen said he had seen before in back-door code. "We don't know whether they have been planted or not," he said.

My Question:

Has Avast Alwil team already up to date on this information above and added into the VPS patch?
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:New MyDoom offers 'how to' details
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 08:52:36 AM »
I've heard they did that because they want all those mallware writers to use the code to launch a massive attack on a large company somewhere in october. But it is just a rumour and you know how it goes sometimes (many times?)

One thing I do know. As soon as Alwil get their hands on the complete code they will implement it in the vps and if needed release a new vps other than the sheduled one.

Let's wait and see how this devellops/when the truth about it comes out. Let just hope not too many people are bothered with this in a negative way. There are already to many infected systems.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:New MyDoom offers 'how to' details
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 09:45:10 PM »
Well,i have the source code of MyDoom for a very long time now (since the initial MyDoom.A flood)...

EDIT: Not like i relesed it ITW hehe ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 09:48:08 PM by RejZoR »
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog