Author Topic: After Avast 6 Install Freeze Computer, reboot the same again.  (Read 2833 times)

Emperator Tomato Ketchup

Hi  I just try to change my AV from Nod32 4 (latest stable version)  to Avast 6 Free,  I uninstall NOD32 4 like book , reboot required,etc, then try to install Avast , the first time gave an error of fail installation so I try again , everything fine til the end of the installation the windows just freeze so I reboot uninstall  Avast like the book, and go again install this time no problem on installation process  and then told me to reboot so I did everything but seems fine but seems then  Avast process didnt start so I couldnt update and  Avast was with a message of No protection active  AV not actived,(or something similar) So I reboot again and at start up windows frooze a few seconds later I assume when Avast process did start so I  reboot go to Safe Mode and uninstall Avast no problem there and reinstall NOd32 4 again no problem there.
What could cause it, because I still want to try Avast but with that problem I dont known. Can anyone give help or ans wer of what could the problem.               Thanks in advance.

Windows 7 SP1, nod32 4 , and  months ago I trial Mcfee suite (av, firewall), also once I test Kaspersky dont remember exactly which  edition, also I test  Norton av 2010, not all togheter .

Online Armor Free Firewall,current firewall .Previous I used Comodo Firewall , also I used ESET Smart Security (av, firewall, etc).

Malwarebytes real-time protection, Spysheleter Free, Mamutu behaviour blocker. other current security apps.

Any more info then should give? , sorry for the english. anyway Thanks.       Bye

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: After Avast 6 Install Freeze Computer, reboot the same again.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 11:45:14 PM »
Download the nod32 removal tool from here
http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2116

Download aswclear http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

Uninstall Avast from add remove

Run the NOD32 removal tool
Run ASWclear
Reinstall Avast

Should be good to go