Author Topic: Virus message RECBC  (Read 2308 times)

inzo1

Virus message RECBC
« on: September 17, 2004, 04:21:33 PM »
Hi all,
I scanned my friends computer with avast and found  he was infected with a lot of viruses(?) and spyware I was able to remove all of them after working for about two hours with Avast and a few spyware programs.  BUT. I can't seem to get rid of a virus (Avast finds it every time) in a file called RECBC.DLL. I removed all reference from the registry and did a complete search and removed what I could find. But every time I open Internet Explorer, avast gives me the siren and tells me it is infected. It appears to have something to do with a search engine( That is where I found it in the registry) but which one or what, I don't know.  I do not have it on my own machine nor on my wife's.  anyone have an idea what this is? How can I stop it.

Thanks

Inzo1 ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Virus message RECBC
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 10:01:21 PM »
Hi inzo1, welcome to the forums.

Please Help us to Help you - we need more information to be able to help fully,    - Your Operating System, is it up to date?
   - avast! version and VPS file (virus database) number, e.g. 0436-4 (see about avast!)
   - Virus Name - infected filename
   - Location of infected file, e.g. C:\windows\system32\infectedfilename.exe

You say you used some spyware tools to remove some things, what ones?

visit the following threads, User's FAQ - General Advice & Tools for virus/trojan/malware removal and Eddy's HiJackThis Info and Analysis page, HijackThis log file analyzer and follow the directions there and get back to us if you need more help....

HTH David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security