Author Topic: Japan's Tsunami @ 11 March 2011  (Read 24094 times)

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
Re: Japan's Tsunami @ 11 March 2011
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 03:48:31 AM »
Iso-G, grad to hear you're alright. :)

Shamefully I forgot to say thanks to all of the support from many countries :-[
Again thanks to all of your support and consideration.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 04:34:31 AM »
My deepest condolences to victims or these who lost anyone in Japan.

I also hope Japan will resolve all the issues and recover fast.
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

sanctuaryforever

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 05:31:27 AM »
I cant imagine what it must be like there but I hope things recover quickly, my condolences go out to those that have suffered and those who have lost loved ones it is a deeply tragic event that no one should have to bare

sayaka

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 12:04:03 PM »
Hi, Yanto

Thank you for your message to Japanese forum, too. I would like to say thank you to everyone who feels sad and sorry for Japanese people.

I don't know what else to say...

Hermite15

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 02:05:43 PM »
Microsoft says 'sorry' after Japan quake marketing gaffe
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/03/14/microsoft_apologises_about_bing_japan_quake_tweet/

hawasakigirl

Japans Tsunami 11 March 2011
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 04:11:05 AM »
Our news just told about a tsunami warning for the Pacific area,
following a sea-quake rated to 7,9.  Thats a lot

Good luck, dear friends from down under -
and lets hope it wont come that bad.

kashifaltaf

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2011, 12:36:38 PM »
It is difficult to stop my tears when I saw that clips. There are tragic scenes and helpless people who could not do something. But believe God. He is Owner of this Universe. He can do as His will.

ManyQs

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2011, 02:46:48 PM »
I cant imagine what it must be like there but I hope things recover quickly, my condolences go out to those that have suffered and those who have lost loved ones it is a deeply tragic event that no one should have to bare

I'm afraid there will be no such thing here as a quick recovery. This one is going to take a serious length of time and much dedication to even come close to getting things back on track.

Aftershocks and other earthquakes are still a constant strain on the nerves along the entire coast from Miyagi down through Shizuoka. I mean we had one right near Mt. Fuji a few nights ago that was mighty strong and sincerely freaked me out because I could feel very strong P waves instead of the usual S waves we had been feeling from the other quakes and I knew straight away it was a new quake somewhere near. That sort of scares you first and then makes you kind of angry at whatever Gods are doing this to us. They had a very good shake a day or two before the Shizuoka one and that was in Nagano. The experts will tell you there is no connection with those that are going off all up and down the coast from Miyagi right into Tokyo Bay, but something is going on, for sure. I've been here for a couple decades and we've never had this level of intensity of quakes on Honshu from Tokai to Tohoku. Like I wrote above, it does tend to get on one's nerves.

Shortages are severe up in Miyagi and less so as one moves south into the Kanto region where it's not too rough right now, but could be in another week, if food distribution does not improve.

Obviously, everyone along the coast and further inland have very serious worries about whether they can maintain get a handle of the containment ponds holding those fuel rods. The latest efforts today seem to be providing some success and tomorrow they may get power to the cooling pumps to containment pools for reactors 5 and 6, which would be a major relief. The other four are going to require continued fire truck shooting of water because the damage to the pumps isn't clear yet, so even having power to the pumps may not help. It's a very tough job the SDF and other personnel are performing.

Unfortuanely, some lives have been lost right in the evacuation centers in the hardest areas due to lack of heat, food, and medicine. I'm referring to people that survived the initial hours of the disaster and were gotten into evacution centers, but because of a lack of supplies getting in they weakened and died. True, not a whole lot, but it shows the degree of suffering still be felt by those that are supposedly safe -- the infrastructure is just busted all to heck. And there are just so many choppers to go around.

Yep, Mother Nature kicked us real good in the butt and then add the Fukushima Plant 1 disaster on top of that and ... Well, I'm just trying to give you some idea of what we have going down here. You might think I'm painting a grim picture, but there's no other way to paint it -- it really is very bad. But if they can get control of the Fukushima Plant No. 1 (Daiichi) under control and slowly improve that situation I think we'll see a lifting of spirits and then it'll possibly make the other hardships a little easier to cope with.

Oh well, just thought you might have been asking for that sort of explanation from someone who is here.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 02:48:49 PM by ManyQs »

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2011, 05:48:52 PM »
ManyQ,
Thanks for the update. This way those of us on the forum at least know exactly
whats going on.
It is hard to hear without getting a little emotional.  :'(
Unfortunately the only help most of us can offer are the contributions we make to the relief organizations.
Please take care and keep every one informed. If you can thing of anything specific any of the forum members
can do that will accomplish more than the standard contributions, please let us know that too,
I still haven't forgotten the help I received from some on here 5 years ago before my wife's transplant. :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

ManyQs

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 03:37:58 AM »
Well, bob3160, since I read your post I had been putting notes onto a text document for an eventual response with some thoughts on how y'all folks could really help us out here once the primary emergency is over, but one thing or another has kept me from refining that document and so let me just do a quick post to state that the situation is improving in areas outside the hardest hit; improving significantly at the Fukushima power plant; frequency of aftershocks and other quakes has dropped quite a bit; but the hardest hit areas are really still in the thick of trouble of all kinds. Well, there are some improvements up there, but obviously not as fast as one would think they'd be.

I'm quite serious in that first sentence about an idea I have that I'd like to pass along to all members and guests here in the Avast Community about something you can do for us here in Japan, other than making donations, but I am also a bit worried about the topic being locked, as this isn't really about the main reason for this sub-forum. Any chance this thread/topic will be allowed to remain for a bit before it's locked?

Gargamel360

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 04:30:07 AM »
I'm quite serious in that first sentence about an idea I have that I'd like to pass along to all members and guests here in the Avast Community about something you can do for us here in Japan, other than making donations, but I am also a bit worried about the topic being locked, as this isn't really about the main reason for this sub-forum. Any chance this thread/topic will be allowed to remain for a bit before it's locked?
This is off-topic in a good way.  With some of the stuff I have seen ignored here, I would be surprised if this got locked.

But, if you want to be double-sure before you try something, maybe e-mail Vlk first, try and clear it ahead of time.

You have a very hard working and determined people, if Nihon/Nippon ended up underwater, I would bet you guys would either devise a way to make it float again or figure out how to live submerged.  If anyone can overcome such a disaster like this, I would put you guys at the head of the line.  

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2011, 01:44:38 PM »
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

ManyQs

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2011, 02:46:57 AM »
Very interesting images there, bob3160.

Okay, I think I wrote above that things seemed to be improving and in some ways I suppose that's true, but events in the area of shaking have NOT been cool.

We had two 6.3 magnitude shakes yesterday and then from 7:15 this morning for about 45 minutes or so we had an amazing series of shakes that were very strong and I don't yet know if already damaged buildings were brought down or not.

To be honest I thought I saw a way to give those outside of Japan a little idea of how very, very tiresome all this shaking has become, but for me to go any further might be considered that I am spamming, but I really am not.

I've just got to hope that my 5 plus years of membership here will and the odd circumstances will allow me some slack with what I will next post.

I started a thread about 5 or 6 hours after the 1446 shake on March 11th at the site in my signature. And this morning I did about two hours of work on page 6 to help people to get just a tiny idea of what we are experiencing.

By the way, everybody, the March 11th earthquake was not the beginning of this disaster. This all actually started on March 9th.

Anyway, I really, really hope I'll not be accused of spamming. Please don't take my post that way. I am sincerely interested in letting outsiders get even a bit of an idea of just how hard this is getting on our nerves over here. And this morning may have resulted in more deaths, but I haven't had time to check. It took me about two hours to do that work I have posted about above. I haven't even had any bread for breakfast, yet. And, yes, I still have some bread. And it's not even moldy yet.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2011, 02:54:39 AM »
ManyQ's,

I don't think anybody will think you are spamming, nor take any action about what you are posting.
Like most everyone else on the planet, I wish you all the best, and hope the situation in Japan becomes tenable soon.

I have friends in Christchurch. Not as serious an earthquake, but the aftershocks just go on. And on.  They do not respect the fear of a child, the time of day or night, or the exhaustion of an adult.

You guys must be tired out. Try and stay safe.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

ManyQs

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2011, 03:18:38 AM »
I appreciate your post, Tarq57. Thank you.

But please don't be angry if I disagree with you on one point. If any earthquake kills or even badly injures anybody I think it has just been labelled "serious" even if it may not have been as strong as another.

And you are so correct about children from age about 4 or 5 to 10 or so. Maybe earlier than 4 years old.

Point is at a very young age it may almost seem like a game. But there is that one age group where they know it's bad but it's really hard to get them to understand why it's happening. I think after 10, maybe younger, it can be explained so that they get it.

Whether understanding the science of this stuff helps the nerves or not, can't really say. Maybe not.

And I haven't even covered the power outages, the worries about the Fukushima Daiichi power plant.

We got a long way to go.

By the way, I forgot -- almost -- I think another member here may have thought I am Japanese, but I am a round-eye from across the ocean. True, I've been here a few decades, but it still should be made clear, I suppose, that I am not of Japanese birth. You know, full disclosure, or some such thing.

Oh yes, and this stubborn gaijin (foreigner) isn't going anywhere. Too old to up and run from Mother Nature.