Author Topic: JS:agent-jh [trj]  (Read 2499 times)

jenki

JS:agent-jh [trj]
« on: March 12, 2011, 10:30:48 AM »
Dear all

I am afraid that my computer seems to have gotten infected by some kind of Trojan horse. The Avast application that scans new and changed files alerts several time every hour telling me that several files infected with “JS:agent-jh [trj]” has been found in c:\users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\random folder name. The files are usually called “v1[1].htm” or something alike. The precess presented by Avast is “c:\program files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe. Apart from this alert nothing tells that there is a problem; the computer works as usual.

Avast blocks the files at all times and is able to put them into quarantine or, in some rare cases, delete them.
When I run a full Avast scan is no infected files are found, the same result with Bitdefender, CClean and Malwarebytes (log attached).

I would appreciate your help solving this issue.

Offline Left123

• There Is No Patch For Human Stupidity.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Proud Community Member&Helper.
Re: JS:agent-jh [trj]
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 10:37:40 AM »
Clean your temp files with TFC which can be downloaded from here : http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/
Run it and scan again your computer.
Be sure to save any unsaved work before running TFC.

AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+ - 2.20 GHz,3,00 GB RAM -
Browser:Mozilla Firefox +WOT - SoftWare:CCleaner - Windows 7 32 bit
No Anti-Virus

jenki

Re: JS:agent-jh [trj]
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 10:49:58 AM »
Thanks for your reply, Left123

Unfortunately didn't the clean seem to work. As soon as the reboot after the clean was done Avast flagged that an new file had been created in the same way as described in my initial post.