Author Topic: Great job avast! 6.0  (Read 3804 times)

DBone

Great job avast! 6.0
« on: March 19, 2011, 05:56:21 AM »
Head to head test. avast! 6.0.1000 vs Comodo CIS vs Panda Cloud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i35Tf3-cW4g

spg SCOTT

Re: Great job avast! 6.0
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 11:55:56 AM »
As usual...throwing 15 links at a program...what a very useful review...regardless of the outcome, whatever company that "fails" will be scorned over a short video...

Sorry, but I really hate these kind of reviews...

These kind of "reviews" really annoy me...in my eyes a review is a comprehensive test or ALL parts of a product - taking into account every aspect of the product. Basically the experience you have with it over a period of time.

Throwing 15 links at an av product tells nothing. All it shows is a 15 min snapshot of the AV...

Where is the follow up?
How quickly after the events are the missed things added? (do they get sent by the reviewer?)
Has the "reviewer" actually used the product for a while, so they know how to use it?
Where do the links actually come from? - Can you be sure?

The thing that really annoys me though, is people WILL take these videos to heart and choose their AV based on them...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Great job avast! 6.0
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 03:02:25 PM »
Have to agree these armchair youtube expert reviews don't do justice in any of the products reviewed.

Generally there is zero test methodology reported and any sample size is so small as to be considered statistically insignificant for any independent survey/test.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security