Author Topic: Avast Internet Security Blocked my internet connection ?? why ?  (Read 6030 times)

samseed

Hi there,
i've avast internet security , i have it installed and then i figure that it blocked my internet connection

when i disable it for a while internet come back working again >>

so how to solve this ??>
[/b][/font][/color]

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast Internet Security Blocked my internet connection ?? why ?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 12:28:03 AM »
did you use any other firewall or security program before installing avast internet security ?

are they fully removed ?

Removal tools http://uninstallers.blogspot.com/

samseed

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 12:35:12 AM »
nope, i don't use any firewall, only Avast , connection was okay then after installing & restarting connection stopped, then i disabled Avast for 10 min. connection regained & so after these 10 minutes , connection failed again .

its Avast problem i'm sure

modza

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 09:19:52 PM »
Similar situation, with Windows XP. Downloaded new version of Avast 6.0.1367.0 and immediately lost web access (FF 8 and Chrome) and email (Thunderbird), although I could still ping and tracert. Also several modules of Avast were set to off, and pressing the Fix button or the individual buttons had no effect. Made sure the Windows Firewall was off, still no luck. Adding specific programs to allow had no effect. Got one few minute burst of access when I removed the battery from the laptop, but that ended quickly and never repeated.

The only way I could connect was by uninstalling Avast.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 09:27:14 PM »
Similar situation, with Windows XP. Downloaded new version of Avast 6.0.1367.0 and immediately lost web access (FF 8 and Chrome) and email (Thunderbird), although I could still ping and tracert. Also several modules of Avast were set to off, and pressing the Fix button or the individual buttons had no effect. Made sure the Windows Firewall was off, still no luck. Adding specific programs to allow had no effect. Got one few minute burst of access when I removed the battery from the laptop, but that ended quickly and never repeated.

The only way I could connect was by uninstalling Avast.
You should have tried a repair and reboot  ;)

modza

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
Didn't see the repair option. Should I reinstall again, and prepare to repair?

ady4um

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 10:17:04 PM »
@modza,

A repair is useful when you have avast already. But you already uninstalled it. So you may install anew, reboot, delete your firewall rules, reboot again, test and report back (without uninstalling again, so we can give you more instructions if necessary).

Any previous security tools should be uninstalled and the respective removal utility should be also ran (better under Windows Safe Mode).

For the mail shield, avast replaces you SSL (instead your current email clients), so that may need to be configured correctly in your email clients and in Avast.

Please report back (and probably you should have started a new topic, since your issue is different from this old one).

rovieng

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 05:01:36 PM »
I have exactly the same problem as modza.  I did actually start a new thread (I am running the free program) but wanted to put in my problem here too.  I reinstalled the previous version as I still had the setup file on my computer (only installed in Nov) and it still has the problem.  I tried repairing and rebooting, also loading avast only after other system services.  Nothing works except removing the webshield and mailshields, which to me makes the program not very useful!
So, I hope someone can help.

rovieng

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 02:15:18 AM »
my problem was solved thanks to someone answering my thread. -  by deleting avastSvc.exe from my firewall and re-allowing it next time it tried to use it (I was using another firewall program).  Don't know if that helps but i'm happy now.

DonZ63

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 02:23:20 AM »
I buy that. I suspect 90% of the recent connection issues are firewall related.

modza

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 04:52:11 AM »
The only other firewall on my system is the Windows XP firewall, which I turned off. Is there a way to uninstall it, to keep it from somehow turning itself on?