Author Topic: avast! Free & Windows Defender  (Read 15771 times)

gate1975mlm

Re: avast! Free & Windows Defender
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 08:22:37 PM »
Thanks for all the great info guys! :)

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware looks very good to me!

gate1975mlm

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 09:36:14 PM »
Does any of the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware users here find that it slows your computer down a little bit?

I installed the Pro version and it seems like I am seeing the Windows Hour Glass a tad longer on things then I was before install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro.

Like for example if I click the volume icon in the system tray. It seems to take maybe an extra second or two to open.

Anyone else see this?

I hope I am not sorry I paid for this :(

YoKenny

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 09:49:10 PM »
Does any of the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware users here find that it slows your computer down a little bit?
It sure would help if you updated your signature with your system specifications and even let us know what country you are in.  ;)

It does not slow down my XP Pro nor my Windows 7 systems.

gate1975mlm

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 10:01:09 PM »
It sure would help if you updated your signature with your system specifications and even let us know what country you are in.  ;)

It does not slow down my XP Pro nor my Windows 7 systems.

Could you do a test for me please :)

Download HJ-Split from here http://www.hjsplit.org/windows/

And after you unzip it to a folder double click the icon to open it.

At least on my computer you can easily see a delay in opening it when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is running vs not running.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:03:14 PM by gate1975mlm »

YoKenny

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 10:07:40 PM »
The proof is in the pudding :) it's useless kenny and you know it, in over ten year's iv never seen defender detect anything so experience is my proof and im sure that most of the other evang's would agree with me.
Even Marc57 who is an avast! Evangelist agrees with me:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=73502.msg612682#msg612682

YoKenny

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 10:13:23 PM »
Could you do a test for me please :)

Download HJ-Split from here http://www.hjsplit.org/windows/

And after you unzip it to a folder double click the icon to open it.

At least on my computer you can easily see a delay in opening it when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is running vs not running.
It opens instantly on my XP Pro system!  :)

gate1975mlm

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 10:44:47 PM »
Ok after more testing I am starting to think that its not Malwarebytes Anti-Malware that is causing slow down my computer.

I think what the issue is I have way to many things running at the same time. Also I think from installing so many kind of software over the last few weeks my computer has maybe become bloated.

What I did was shut down almost every running program except Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and my PC seems to run like normal.

I even shut down Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and ran a lot of my other sofware and my computer was starting too see slow down again.

So maye I should not have blamed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on the slow down after all.

I see so many positive reviews for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware so it must be good!

And also did not see anyone complain about slow down in the reviews so it must just be my slow computer :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:52:28 PM by gate1975mlm »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 06:35:41 AM »
The proof is in the pudding :) it's useless kenny and you know it, in over ten year's iv never seen defender detect anything so experience is my proof and im sure that most of the other evang's would agree with me.
Even Marc57 who is an avast! Evangelist agrees with me:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=73502.msg612682#msg612682
Yeh you found someone that aggrees with you, good for you Kenny  ;D, im not about to go singleling out all the evange's that dont like defender to back me up as i dont need any backup and are quite confident with the answer i gave  :)