Author Topic: Managed Install on Server not working  (Read 5513 times)

tgalay

Managed Install on Server not working
« on: March 09, 2011, 06:56:39 PM »
Hi,

I have five new identical servers running Server 2008 R2. I have attempted to install a managed version of Net Server 4.8 on all of them using ADNM on my Avast server. We are fully licenced. The deployment works successfully on all servers (at least that's what it says when it completes) but for some reason it installs a managed version correctly on two servers. I verify this by checking the License Manager. It shows that the licensed products are managed.

If you check License Manager on the other three servers it shows the licensed products are DEMOS. I've uninstalled and re-ran the deployment three times and it won't change.

In the ADNM console all the servers are discovered when you run the discovery task. The two servers with managed licenses show that Avast is installed (green) and up-to-date. The other three servers are grey and which indicates that Avast is not installed. There doesn't seem to be any communication between them and my Avast server other than the discovery.

The log file on the three servers has hundreds of the following errors:

1816 Third server conn attempt (last good: 0.0.0.0:16111) failed. (error 00002741).
1816 Cannot connect Server lookup didn't find any AMS! socket. WinSock error 0x00000000 has occurred.

Don't know if this related, I'm thinking it is. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks.

tgalay

Re: Managed Install on Server not working
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 08:06:25 PM »
I managed to figure out what my problem was with this. The avast4.ini file did not have the correct IP address for the AMS. I managed to fix it using aswchams.exe which I found out about in one of the other posts in the forum.

I'd like know how the .ini gets built when doing a push through the deployment task. I read in another post that the server address is set by what's in the communication properties of the computer catalog. I checked the settings and they are correct. I compared the avast4.ini on one of the good servers with one of bad ones and they are  different. Quite a bit actually. What's going on here? Can anybody explain this to me and what I have to change in order to get the right IP address?

If it helps I'm running 4.8 and I do not plan on upgrading to 5.0 at this time.

Much appreciated.