Author Topic: BSOD, avast error  (Read 8486 times)

nightcrawler1924

Re: BSOD, avast error
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 09:00:17 PM »
OMGosh!   ;D  I love it!  Upgrade complete!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyy.  I can not believe what a difference Windows 7 is from Vista.  I am floored! Thank you so much for your help.  I should have done this a long time ago and Avast is running fine now. :D

I had a problem with a few of my Dell drivers.  LOL  What's new.  Dell.  Ugh.  Anyway all sorted out except for my webcam, which I will figure out eventually.

Okay, I did get some kind of warning from Avast when I turned on the system this morning and I wanted to check and make sure I did the right thing.

I got a screen from Avast that read KMS, and something about putting it in the sandbox.  I said yes.  Is this a virus or trojan?  I read online it has something to do with MS office 2010, which I just downloaded from my niece. 

I am running a full scan now but everything seems okay.

Any advice.

Thank you!  :)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 09:40:55 PM »
Do you have the full path for the file ?   As Avast will sandbox it if it finds it suspicious.  I have just been working with someone that had a remote programme running on their system since they bought it, and they never knew till Avast was installed. 

It was a programme used by the manufacturer to remote several computers together to enable drivers to be installed.  It has been running every day since day one  ;D

nightcrawler1924

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 10:13:55 PM »
Oh wow.  You know you just made me think about what I did last night.  I set up remote control to help my friend with her computer.  Could this have caused the problem?  Hmm.  Interesting.

I doubt there is anything like that on my system.  I just did a clean install of Windows 7 2 days ago, and have been giving it some time before I went ahead and installed my programs.  maybe something was in one of my old programs and I didn't know.

Okay, so where do I find the path?  It did not give one when the alert came up and the scan finished and nothing was detected.

Thanks for the help.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 10:26:07 PM »
I am not to sure where the log is for autosandbox - methinks I will have to rummage for it

nightcrawler1924

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 12:47:58 AM »
Okay, I lost my connection and just had to restart and the message came back. 

I am not liking this.   :(

You are opening and application that may be potentially unsafe.  We strongly recommend opening this application in the virtual environment of the Avast.  Sandbox to avoid any risk to your computer.

C:\Windows\AutoKMS.exe
C:\Windows\explorer.EXE

Please tell me this is not a virus or spyware!  :o

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 08:43:55 PM »
It is related to Office  - but lets ease your mind

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you.  Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
[/list]