Author Topic: Advanced System Care File  (Read 6564 times)

earth_grinder

Advanced System Care File
« on: March 14, 2011, 03:13:15 PM »
When I do a full scan, Avast says that a file named Remove.exe in my Advanced System Care program is Threat: wim32:Malware-gen.  Is this legitimate or not?
I am running program version: 6.0.1000

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Advanced System Care File
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 03:30:18 PM »
As ASC is a product of an untrustworthy company (iobit) you should do yourself a favour and delet it.

earth_grinder

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 06:05:37 PM »
Could you elaborate some more on your statement?  I have been using this for about a year.  Does it put me at risk?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 06:12:39 PM »
Could you elaborate some more on your statement?  I have been using this for about a year.  Does it put me at risk?
Go to search in the top right and type in iobit or ASC and you will have more reading material than you can handle about why asc can conflict and why iobit are an untrustworthy bunch of thieves.

Gargamel360

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 07:48:55 PM »
ASC is not malware.  Please submit this file to Avast! as a false positive.

I know a lot of people here would like to see all Iobit products blacklisted by Avast!, but that is out of spite.

Before we go and demonize Iobit, lets try and keep the integrity of Avast!'s database first.  I am no fan of the companies ethics myself, but that is an entirely separate issue.

Daris

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 11:01:27 PM »
Been Using Advanced System Care Free for about 3 years...Never had an issue ....It does have a pop up when you update it for the first few launches telling you to upgrade to Pro...but after that disappears and is fine...I've also tried the Security 360 and in my opinion It's not trust worthy and if it doesn't load properly you got trojans with it...Has the same interfaze or look as "Advanced Spware Remover" I believe from Evansoft...and that company doesn't seem to exist...Although through research I believe that they are both Iobit companies....They're not a trustworthy company but Advanced System Care is the only thing still keeping them around...."In my opinion" if they were to screw that up they would be at a big loss and loose all trust with alot of Users...And that's their only bread and butter...Although not very popular on the Avast Forum...Again this is... "just my opinion" ...through my own research...I would use your own judgement...
   Cheers and Safe Surfing!!!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 01:59:52 AM »
IObit as thieve: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=33217
NEVER use an IObit product!
The best things in life are free.

Nesivos

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 02:57:40 AM »
When I do a full scan, Avast says that a file named Remove.exe in my Advanced System Care program is Threat: wim32:Malware-gen.  Is this legitimate or not?
I am running program version: 6.0.1000

I use ASC.   I just searched my HDDs and it did not list "remove.exe"

Here is a link with info. on "remove.exe"

http://www.threatexpert.com/files/remove.exe.html

Here is another one

How to Fix and Remove EXE Viruses on Your PC

http://24x7helpdesk.com/blog/computer-help/how-to-fix-and-remove-exe-viruses-on-your-pc/

It appears like it could be a virus that has been around a bit.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:59:15 AM by Nesivos »

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 03:06:39 AM »
As ASC is a product of an untrustworthy company (iobit) you should do yourself a favour and delet it.

+1 get rid of that crappy untrustworthy software (iobit) who betray and stealing from Malwarebytes
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 04:17:44 AM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 04:07:03 AM »

+1 get rid of that crappy untrustworthy software who betray and stealing from Malwarebytes
+1 I would never trust IObit for anything...it's junk.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.