Author Topic: avast! needs a new User Interface: Give Suggestion and views  (Read 34326 times)

Hermite15

Re: avast! needs a new User Interface: Give Suggestion and views
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2011, 04:43:43 PM »
hey Asyn, thanks for the pic ;)

ps: okay I'm done ;)

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2011, 04:51:37 PM »
hey Asyn, thanks for the pic ;)

You're welcome. ;D :P
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

mattburles

« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2011, 10:51:42 PM »
just leave the GUI alone for now. fixing bugs and adding new features should be a higher priority.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:54:14 PM by mattburles »

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2011, 01:45:17 AM »
just leave the GUI alone for now.

Don't worry, the GUI won't be touched...!!! ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2011, 02:57:27 AM »
Well I have noticed that Avast! has changed 1 thing in version 6.0 UI  There is no back and forward buttons! but there was in version 5.0 and 5.1   (Avast webforum! wouldn't let me upload these images for being to big in size)

Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2011, 03:26:55 AM »
Yeah... the back/forward buttons are gone... I didn't use it... But some users did.
The best things in life are free.

woebe

« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2011, 05:47:26 AM »
I think its fine as it is...

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2011, 08:28:16 AM »
Yeah... the back/forward buttons are gone... I didn't use it... But some users did.
I used It sometimes.
I would suggest that GUI won't be changed but avast! can develope "Skin maker" where you will can develope own skins and post them on avast! website (like custom soundpacks, there will be also custom skins). So users will can download these skins (voluntarily).
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

LunarWolf

« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2011, 01:41:57 PM »
I used It sometimes.
I would suggest that GUI won't be changed but avast! can develope "Skin maker" where you will can develope own skins and post them on avast! website (like custom soundpacks, there will be also custom skins). So users will can download these skins (voluntarily).

That was what I suggested. Teach the user how to make skins,let the user develop their own skin. +1

doktornotor

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2011, 01:47:02 PM »
That was what I suggested. Teach the user how to make skins,let the user develop their own skin. +1

I don't know whether you realize it, but I will repeat for the 1000th time that skins completely suck when it comes to user support.

> Go to Foo - Bar tab, click on Baz button and uncheck X...
>> No such tab there.
> WTF? Try to repair avast!
>> Didn't help. Oh, I forgot to say, I'm using my optimized SuperDuperUltraCool custom made avast! skin.

::) :-X >:(

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2011, 04:56:15 PM »

I don't know whether you realize it, but I will repeat for the 1000th time that skins completely suck when it comes to user support.

> Go to Foo - Bar tab, click on Baz button and uncheck X...
>> No such tab there.
> WTF? Try to repair avast!
>> Didn't help. Oh, I forgot to say, I'm using my optimized SuperDuperUltraCool custom made avast! skin.

::) :-X >:(

When someone will cannot find any button you can everytime switch back to normal skin...
Or just don't make SkinMakers and just do a cool GUI (similar to kaspersky)
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

doktornotor

« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2011, 04:59:09 PM »
When someone will cannot find any button you can everytime switch back to normal skin...

Yeah, usually right after a couple of people wasted a couple of hours of their time...  ::) This ain't a media player, go play with WMP and whatever skins it has. AV is designed to sit in the system tray and protect your computer while running in the background.

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2011, 05:01:18 PM »

Yeah, usually right after a couple of people wasted a couple of hours of their time...  ::) This ain't a media player, go play with WMP and whatever skins it has. AV is designed to sit in the system tray and protect your computer while running in the background.
totally understand.
BUT are you going to change the main theme or keep this ? or how was said, make at least possiblity to change color themes...

Hermite15

« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2011, 05:07:34 PM »
@danny96 who are you talking to here ??? we're avast users .

LunarWolf

« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »
Sorry. It was just a suggestion.  :-[