Author Topic: Vista total security 2011.  (Read 4789 times)

Probzzie

Vista total security 2011.
« on: March 17, 2011, 01:53:08 PM »
Hey all, hope everyone's days going good.
So here's the situation. A friend of mines computer was infected with Vista total security 2011.
Its an Acer laptop, not sure the model but it runs Vista Ultimate, and no anti virus until I put Avast Free edition on after disinfecting a little bit.

I have been using remote desktop too try and fix her problem as we're too far for me too just walk in. All that i have done so far is run a Malwarebytes scan

can be found attached. Malwarebytes got rid of the Vista total security 2011 which had disabled her browser completely.

After the computer was at least able to connect via. browser, I ran Hijack this and ccleaner. After the deletion of 10gb of temp files, I then chose too seek help to ensure disinfection is thorough and she is able too bank safely. She had then told me that when the program asked her to purchase a full version she input her credit card details and paid for it, though it hasn't come out on her credit information, I expressed the importance that she gets a stop payment or contacts her creditors, I also indicated that if she is too use the computer tonight not to be inputting personal information.

Numerous of other weird programs and folders are found on the system, ones containing only alt characters.
One thing I tried googling was a Meitu folder in program files and a PaPaSucai folder in the Meitu folder, but nothing came up only sites to download the software . No process library or site rating its danger....
I'm not quite sure what too do next and I'm positive that the 49 files Malware-Bytes found wasn't all.

Thank you in advance!

Offline magna86

• Anti Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Ambulanta MyCity Forum - ASAP Member
Re: Vista total security 2011.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 02:06:12 PM »
Hi  ;)
Download DDS and save it to your Desktop from here:
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.scr

Double click dds.scr to run the tool.

* When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
         1. DDS.txt
         2. Attach.txt

# Save both reports to your desktop. Attach DDS.txt back to topic.

Probzzie

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 07:25:33 AM »
Magna, I apologize I have been putting off commenting thinking I would of had quicker access too the remote desktop..

But as it seems she has not followed my advice and thinks simply because she can browse she's okay. No matter, I believe I'll get access soon and when that comes I'll post log.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 07:40:08 AM »
I'm not quite sure what too do next and I'm positive that the 49 files Malware-Bytes found wasn't all.
You may also update Malwarebytes and do a new scan to see if it comes up with a clean log
MBAM database is now at 6149 and you scanned with 6080