Author Topic: FIREWALL  (Read 4389 times)

Bhaskar9090

FIREWALL
« on: March 19, 2011, 03:49:19 AM »
earlier avast firewall seems to work nice with window 7 firewall but in avast 6 internet security window is asking to stop one of them or else their will be conflict with each other...suggest me what to run and what to stop...or else make the thing as it was earlier....urgent suggest needed..thanks :)   

intrepid44

Re: FIREWALL
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 03:51:51 AM »
Never run 2 firewalls at the sametime,shut off windows firewall.

Gargamel360

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 03:58:00 AM »
Never run 2 firewalls at the sametime
Yes, but AIS firewall....i guess, used to be....an exception to this rule.

earlier avast firewall seems to work nice with window 7 firewall but in avast 6 internet security window is asking to stop one of them or else their will be conflict with each other...suggest me what to run and what to stop...or else make the thing as it was earlier....urgent suggest needed..thanks :)   
If an Avast! dialog window is telling you this is a problem, then yes, by all means turn off the Windows FW.

Bhaskar9090

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 04:05:42 AM »
thanks for suggest dude's but is it good to stop window firewall and not to stop avast..... :) :-X

Gargamel360

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 04:10:28 AM »
thanks for suggest dude's but is it good to stop window firewall and not to stop avast..... :) :-X
What do you mean? 

Bhaskar9090

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 04:25:22 AM »
window firewall was recommended that not to stop by microsoft....but ur saying that to stop it is it good to stop the program which is with os.... :'(

Gargamel360

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 04:48:12 AM »
Ok, maybe your Windows security center is being mentally handicapped (wouldn't be the first time this has happened)

Look, just to avoid problems, leave one firewall on, turn the other off.  Which one is up to you.  There is nothing bad or insecure about turning off Windows firewall as long as you have another installed and running.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 02:46:03 PM »
Never run 2 firewalls at the sametime,shut off windows firewall.

When the avast firewall was being developed the avast developers spent time at the Microsoft Campus in Redmond to ensure that it would be compatible with the windows firewall.

However, that can't always be guaranteed, I don't know if any windows update might make changes to the windows firewall functionality, etc. So you should base any decision on known/seen effect between the two in this case rather than a general rule.

Many third party firewalls actually disable the windows firewall when installed.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security