Author Topic: Subsciptions  (Read 5030 times)

redman

Subsciptions
« on: September 20, 2004, 11:30:50 AM »
If one purchases a maintenance contract for 1, 2 or 3 years, what happens at the end of that period? Is the cost after the initial period similar to the original maintenance contract?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Subsciptions
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 01:03:36 PM »
Economics, my friend. The cost for the extention of the period may or may not be the same. Could be the same, higher or lower. It all depends on how the economy devellops. Also the more items are sold, the lower the profit per item can be.

Some examples/factors:
- if production cost raise, the price will likely also.
- If they drop, the price is also likely to drop.
- if the government decide to raise taxes, the price will also likely raise
- the sells increases a lot, Alwil may decide to lower the profit per item, which will let the price drop.

Didn't you they teach you basic economics at shool? ;D

redman

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 01:11:55 PM »
Didn't you they teach you basic economics at shool? ;D

No, it was an optional subject and I was more interested in science!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 02:45:32 PM »
If one purchases a maintenance contract for 1, 2 or 3 years, what happens at the end of that period? Is the cost after the initial period similar to the original maintenance contract?

Most probably... Be optimist  ;D
The best things in life are free.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 06:22:59 PM »
If it helps any, redman, I do understand why you're asking (and the others probably do too, even if it might not have been clear from their answers).

There are some software products and services "out here" (i.e., online) where, when your paid registration expires, you can get a substantial discount for updating/renewing it.  One of my favorites, Pretty Good Solitaire, works that way, and I think Eudora (paid version) is similar.  A paid registration for PGS is something like half-price if you were previously registered.

Nothing like that for avast (yet), but of course the Alwil team might think about it as an option in the future if their costs permit.

Best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 06:44:08 PM »
There's a 30% renewal discount. That is, all customers who extend their license during the validity of their subscription period (or 1 month after it expires, I think) get 30% off.

More info here: http://www.avast.com/eng/purchase/pricelists/renewals.html
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.