Author Topic: Avast Internet Security 6 makes Windows 7 (Ultimate) unable to hibernate!  (Read 2387 times)

Musician

Dear all,
I purchased licensed Avast Internet Security 6 about three weeks ago and installed it to my HP laptop running with windows 7 ultimate. It was working well, except for one thing: My windows couldn't hibernate and i forced it to shutdown.
At first, of course i didn't know that the problem was with avast, so i tried to search for any info about hibernation and other related problems. Unable to find the cause the hibernation problem, I was desperate and I finally contacted Microsoft Tech Support officer for an online help. The officer first suggested several possible solutions and didn't work, until he finally suggested me to uninstall Avast. And guess what?? problem solved! I have tried to hibernate many times and my HP could hibernate again without problem.
My question are:
1. Does anyone here also experience the same thing?
2. Is there any patch or fix or update that has been released by Avast to fix the problem? Does any of you have any info or suggestion regarding this?

Thanks.

Musician

I have submitted ticket to the Avast support tech several days ago and have no response to this day! The status even changed from being posted to level 2 technician dept into sales dept. (Why sales dept??) For the time being, I installed AVG to my HP and Avast Internet Security 6 to my netbook running with Windows Xp. Surprisingly, XP doesn't have hibernation problem with Avast. I can hibernate normally with XP. For now, i guess I'll just keep the avast on my netbook and bear with it for another 23 months!
I can understand if it will probably take time for the tech support dept to find out the solution to my problem, but not responding to the ticket I have submitted, either to my email or simply replying to the submitted ticket is simply not professional! I must say that I regret having purchased the licensed version. Maybe it'd be better off for me to just use the free version.