Author Topic: changing shields in V5 automatically updated to V6  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Cast

changing shields in V5 automatically updated to V6
« on: March 20, 2011, 11:06:26 PM »
I was putting off updating to V6 on my XP laptop because Ive read alot that its caused system freezes, but i went into the change and remove features of avast and uninstalled a few shields there because they weren't needed(IM,P2P,Mail) and it then upgraded it to V6 when i rebooted. Afterward i had to go back and uninstall those same shields since it just did a normal install.

Anyway, the whole point of this was if you don't want v6, you shouldn't be forced to upgrade to it. I guess i could of done a reinstall, but assumed this would be faster to do.

Hermite15

Re: changing shields in V5 automatically updated to V6
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 11:16:14 PM »
sad :'(

Okay more seriously here is my view about that, but again that's just how I see it: if you find that the latest version of any software doesn't suite your needs anymore, then switch to another solution. Sticking to old versions is first frustrating, and second exposes your system to vulnerabilities with the time.

And finally, my post here is not innocent ;D I have issues with V6. I've spent the last couple of weeks installing and uninstalling while using something else in the meantime. I still have to decide...okay I know that V5 worked better on my system, but I would never go back to it.

ps: and on a side note, when you make any change to your setup, it updates with Avast servers, and you can't seriously expect them to keep an outdated software online.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 11:18:03 PM by Logos »