Author Topic: [Resolved] IMHO We need a sticky!  (Read 5511 times)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
[Resolved] IMHO We need a sticky!
« on: March 20, 2011, 10:25:47 PM »
With all the glitches with WebRep I feel a sticky would be nice. Something along the lines "WebRep is having ongoing issues. Avast is continuing to monitor the situation." At least until all the kinks are worked out.

It seems like never a day goes by without someone posting that WebRep is down or not functioning properly.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 03:11:42 AM by Para-Noid »
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

rambo1940

Re: IMHO We need a sticky!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 10:55:13 PM »
Excellent idea.Lets hope something is done about it.
Regards

Offline BJ_GeOrgE

• Avast Evangelist
  • prevention is better than cure
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 11:06:20 PM »
+1
Antivirus: Avast Free v8.0.1497/Firewall: Windows Firewall/On Demand: Malwarebytes Free Edition/Other tools: CCleaner

Hermite15

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 11:28:50 PM »
nope, not a sticky but a status page on Avast main site ;)... would be far more appropriate.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 12:31:17 AM »
As I said in another topic:
Sorry but there is a perfectly functioning search function in the forums. I believe there are already more stickies than you can shake a stick at and many of them junk/ancient.

It is bad enough that you have to scroll down just to get to the new/unread topics, this directly impacts on regular users of the forums that aren't looking for stickies. Though it looks like someone has started to prune some of the dead wood stickies.

You only have to look at the number of duplicate topics in the forums to see that people a) don't look at existing topics or b) use the search function.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 01:00:12 AM »
As I said in another topic:
Sorry but there is a perfectly functioning search function in the forums. I believe there are already more stickies than you can shake a stick at and many of them junk/ancient.

It is bad enough that you have to scroll down just to get to the new/unread topics, this directly impacts on regular users of the forums that aren't looking for stickies. Though it looks like someone has started to prune some of the dead wood stickies.

You only have to look at the number of duplicate topics in the forums to see that people a) don't look at existing topics or b) use the search function.
The stickies I see are at the top of the forum so the first thing people see are the topics which are stickied.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

doktornotor

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 01:17:20 AM »
The stickies I see are at the top of the forum so the first thing people see are the topics which are stickied.

There was a sticky at one time... people still kept posting about grey icons. Hopeless. People don't search and don't read.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 01:25:06 AM »
<snip>

That's the whole point of my comment when you view the list of topics in a forum you have all the cr*p stickies at the top that you have to scroll past to see the new unread topics. Regular users of the forums don't want to see stickies every time they open a forum.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 02:39:15 AM »
Two...for
Two...against
One...undecided

Alright already...I give up. I'm waving a white flag.  ???

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 02:47:27 AM »
Sorry Para-Noid :)

But I am also against ( too many ) stickies, for the reasons already mentioned by DavidR.

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 03:11:12 AM »
Sorry Para-Noid :)

But I am also against ( too many ) stickies, for the reasons already mentioned by DavidR.

Greetz, Red.
Red, No need to apologize. I thought it was a good idea. I was just in the minority. It isn't the first time and it won't be the last.