You could start by following the request/suggestions of whocares.
We really need more information to help you fully.
Please Help us to Help you
- we need more information to be able to help fully,
- Your Operating System, is it up to date?
- Your email program - if applicable.
- avast! version and VPS file (virus database) number, e.g. 0436-4 (see about avast!)
- Virus Name - infected filename
- Location of infected file, e.g. C:\windows\system32\infectedfilename.exe
visit the User's FAQ
thread, it will give you a lot of useful advice.
A search of these forums for Win32:Trojan-gen will no doubt return many hit as this topic has been previously discussed a number of times.General Advice & Tools for virus/trojan/malware removal
A HijackThis log is also helpfull in searching out Trojans, Eddy's HiJackThis Info and Analysis page, HijackThis log file analyzer
and follow the directions there and get back to us with more info if you need more help....