Author Topic: AVAST! is preventing browser internet access after Win7 SP1  (Read 11378 times)

Hermite15

Re: AVAST! is preventing browser internet access after Win7 SP1
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 02:17:14 PM »
Off topic but here is the guide you need.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=239750

hey dieselman, I don't need anything okay? ::) every single time I heard someone on forums claim 10 or 20 years of experience it turned out that the poster knew nothing, absolutely nothing. As to those who do have some sort of experience, they don't need to brag!!!

tiro12

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 02:19:46 PM »
I have a thread about this as well, no one seems to have any advice (reinstall is always the first thing people do, thats not advice). I don't know where the technical support folks are, but it seems like alot of people with Win 7 are having these issues with no resolution.  Pretty annoying, looks like AVG is the way to go if no help is given.

Dieselman

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 02:32:51 PM »
No problems here for me. I amon Windows 7 64 bit. I came from NIS. Cleaned out every little trace of NIS and installed Avast with no issues at all.

Dieselman

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 02:36:35 PM »
Off topic but here is the guide you need.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=239750

hey dieselman, I don't need anything okay? ::) every single time I heard someone on forums claim 10 or 20 years of experience it turned out that the poster knew nothing, absolutely nothing. As to those who do have some sort of experience, they don't need to brag!!!

No one is bragging. Its called advice.

tiro12

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 02:48:50 PM »
Sorry my intent is not to derail the thread but to say "mine works nyah" is the most childish trollish thing one can do on a support thread. 

BarryB

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 06:14:05 PM »
I'm now having this problem too! Running Win7 x64 SP1.

Been running v6.0.1000 since release and yesterday I couldn't use HTTP or NNTP until I disabled the Web Shield? I installed SP1 about 2 weeks ago and had no issues with Avast until yesterday, so what is the problem here?